ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

login problem?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/08/10 04:14 PM Views: 1323 Replies: 5
Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 4:14 PM

I just got this email from a classmate. Any ideas? The site is working fine for me and have not had any other classmates complain. Her computer maybe?

Is there something wrong with the log on? I have logged on(it shows I'm on under who on the site)but no matter where I try to go it sends me right back to the log on page. This has been happening for days now.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 4:37 PM - Response #1

This type of issue is indicative of someone having their browser set to not accept cookies. Cookies are required to be accepted in order to maintain the logged in status. Please have this user be sure their browser is set to accept cookies..

Thanks
Scott

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 6:37 PM - Response #2

I'm having the same issue with my own account. I switched to Firefox since everyone says it is so wonderful. Then I logged out of my CC account so I could check the locks on the classmate profiles. When I tried to log back in, I experienced the same problem as described above. Cookies are enabled. When I go back to IE everything works just fine.

The attached is a screen shot of what it looks like every time I try to log in in Firefox.

I'm ok with using IE, but I would like to know how to resolve this in case any of my classmates experience this problem.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 6:50 PM - Response #3

Sometimes cookies don't "stick" for lack of a better explanation. I've never really understood why, but for whatever reason cookies can just up and stop working. It happens quite rarely overall but I'm certainly familiar with this question, so it happens enough. What I recommend is this:

1) Clear your browser cookies
2) Shut down your browser
3) Open it back up
4) Log in again

That alone will usually fix the problem. While what Scott said is also true, disabling your cookies will cause the problem for sure, often it's just a problem with cookies misbehaving. So a simple clearing of browser cookies is often the only fix necessary.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 6:58 PM - Response #4

Thanks Brad. That did it.
Saved again and in almost instant time. You guys are AWESOME!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 6:58 PM - Response #5

Brad Switzer wrote:

...often it's just a problem with cookies misbehaving.

BAD COOKIES!

(You knew someone wasn't going to jump on that, didn't you?)

Wait: Bad Cookies? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Edited 09/08/10 6:59 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.