ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Emails from people to the site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/21/10 06:48 PM Views: 1458 Replies: 5
Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Isn't the main Admin of the site, the only one that is suppose to be getting emails to the site? If someone sends and email to the site through "Contact Us" or otherwise? I had another girl on as and admin, to help me enter classmate names, because we had so many and she started getting emails too. To me that would be a train wreck waiting to happen. She didn't know if I was getting the same one's as her and once she told me I told her to just ignore them, that I would answer them all, so they wouldn't get double emails back or even worse, maybe different answers. Is there any way to have more then one admin but have the emails to the site going to the main admin, so they are generalized into one area and answered only once? I thought this was how it worked! Now I am worried about it! Smile Did we both get the same emails, I don't want someone to get missed because of this! Thank you Smile

Edited 02/21/10 6:51 PM
Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 6:52 PM - Response #1

Currently, all admins are getting the e-mails for the class. What you want will be delivered in the Admin Rights feature.

The ADMIN RIGHTS feature is currently being worked on. This will include giving different admins different rights. Who will be answering the CONTACT US, who has rights to the Manage Classmates, who has access to edit the page contents, etc.

Look for this new feature in the next few months - probably before July, for sure. (I know, very SAFE estimate)

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=ED6A8202-F06C-964F-D6488F373F7DFF02#ED6A8202-F06C-964F-D6488F373F7DFF02

Here, Brad said BEFORE CHRISTMAS (ha ha).
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=68513398-032A-3445-4B65697FA828CD9B#68513398-032A-3445-4B65697FA828CD9B

Edited 02/21/10 7:07 PM
Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 6:55 PM - Response #2

Thank you Kyle! That will be a great feature! I took her off as an admin, now that we have everyone in, just so we knew for sure that emails were going all to the same person. Wink

Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 6:56 PM - Response #3

Thank you!! That will be a GREAT feature! Cant wait for it!

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 1:43 PM - Response #4

Is this true for Notes to Classmates also. I noticed we had some bounce back e-mails. I'm assuming one of the admin sent out a message (which didn't include me, that is I don't recall any message) and then had some bad email addresses?

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 1:49 PM - Response #5

Karen, I am not quite sure what you are asking, so I will guess.

I think you are talking about if the Admin Rights feature will be able to control who can send "E-mails to the Class". The answer is YES - Admin Rights will control all areas that an admin can access.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.