ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Entering Email and Password BEFORE a classmate joins

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/09/14 03:03 PM Views: 749 Replies: 12
Sunday, February 9, 2014 at 3:03 PM

One of the admins in charge of members joining says that he used to be able to enter an email and password in their profile before they ever joined.

Then he would send the classmate the email and password (he created) and they could log in and then change their profile, etc.

It can't be done that way now.

Was this ever true? thx

Sunday, February 9, 2014 at 5:09 PM - Response #1

Jack,

I did that every time to make it a little easier for the "new" classmate or visitor . Worked fine. In My e-mail back to them I took the opportunity to welcome them and advised that if they encountered any problems just e-mail me or call me. Worked great, especially for visitors that we signed up.

Regards,

Sam T. (Roosevelt High School - 1958 Class, Atlanta, Georgia)

Sunday, February 9, 2014 at 5:29 PM - Response #2

Thank you for confirming the information. That's exactly what our admin said - worked great. But he can no longer do this.

Are you using the new social profile format?

If you are, could you please check to see if you can still add a password. Unless there's something else, right now we can't enter a password if a person has not joined.

Could be a bug in just social profiles??

Sunday, February 9, 2014 at 5:45 PM - Response #3

Jack,

"Are you using the new social profile format?" No.

Can no longer enter a password before the member joins.

Sam T.

Sunday, February 9, 2014 at 6:34 PM - Response #4

Thank you again Sam for checking.

I'll post in "bugs so we can have that handy feature backWink.

Monday, February 10, 2014 at 8:40 AM - Response #5

I think this "feature" was only available if you were adding invisible guests (classmate/guest does not show up on the class list. It is an option on the DETAILS page and it is still there).

The only way in the past for you to enter the password was to actually JOIN HERE for the classmate and create their profile. Then you could email them their password because you don't get a password until you create your profile.

An "invisible guest" doesn't have a profile, so he needs to have his password sent to him.

Monday, February 10, 2014 at 12:46 PM - Response #6

Don't think that's the case. I've never done it, but the admin that does do this insists he used to be able to do that. And Sam verified above that he also used to do this.

We've never had "invisible guests".Cool

Kyle Erickson wrote:

I think this "feature" was only available if you were adding invisible guests

Monday, February 10, 2014 at 1:31 PM - Response #7

I have confirmed with Brad. It was never that way and will not be changed.

If you want to enter a password for the classmate, just JOIN HERE for the classmate and enter the password.

Monday, February 10, 2014 at 2:52 PM - Response #8

Not to belabor this point, BUT I am positive of my previous statement. Not looking to stir the pot, just confirming the veracity of my statement above.

Monday, February 10, 2014 at 3:38 PM - Response #9

Thank you Sam. I'm getting the same response from the admin that did this.

Admin that did this just emailed me back:

Quote:

The way I did it: I put name, address, phone number, email and password. I then email them their password. They were very happy because they were confused or not very confident.

I don't think anyone at CC ever did this and really doesn't remember. Unless they want to say that BOTH of you couldn't have done thatCool

I'll give some other evidence that supports what they are saying in the BUG area.

Sammy Thurmond wrote:

Not to belabor this point, BUT I am positive of my previous statement. Not looking to stir the pot, just confirming the veracity of my statement above.

Monday, February 10, 2014 at 3:52 PM - Response #10

That's fine, but there is already a way to do it, so click JOIN HERE and do it that way.

Monday, February 10, 2014 at 3:52 PM - Response #11

Thank you Jack. The way that your administrator described was the same way that I did it (minus the phone no. - I included my phone no. along with Welcome comments in my e-mail back to the member/guest). This looks to me to be a case where two good minds see eye to eye.

Regards,

Sam T.

Monday, February 10, 2014 at 4:01 PM - Response #12

Not exactly. It's not nearly as easy and clean Kyle. Just follow what happens the way you describe and the prior method.

Why not make it easy? Or just explain why it was changed. Somebody had some sort of rationale here.

Kyle Erickson wrote:

That's fine, but there is already a way to do it, so click JOIN HERE and do it that way.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.