ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

problems with classmates harassing

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/21/10 03:07 PM Views: 1431 Replies: 3
Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 3:07 PM

I have an issue on my website. I have a classmate harassing another one. I have posted a warning about using the website for personal issues, and it calmed it down. I also set the block up so that there were no messages were able to be left on her profile, however he has started to message her through the message forum. I have hidden her from the public view for now but don't feel this is a fair to her. Is there any way to be able to block him from doing this via the website?

Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 3:23 PM - Response #1

We hear something like this every now and then... The problem with blocking this or that or the other thing is there's all kinds of ways to participate on a class site. You'd wind up having to block a dozen things or so to really stop the problem. At that point you really start having to ask what's the point? This is a system for Classmates to enjoy. What I would do is give the offender a stern warning. If it happens again I'd threaten removal from the site. And if it happens again I'd do it. You are the Administrator. It's your site. You have the power to stop these things. Hopefully you won't have to use it.

Edited 02/21/10 3:29 PM
Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 3:32 PM - Response #2

Thanks .. I kind of figured it was that way. I had posted a very stern warning at one point but changed it so that it was so assertive. One would think with these antics that we were back in high school again.
Thanks for the quick response.

Sharon

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 6:30 PM - Response #3

I had that same issue, and ended up having to make a personal phone call to the harasser.... Not Fun, but the problem was solved.... And yes some of them never left high school!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.