ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Co-Admin problems

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/20/10 06:08 PM Views: 2437 Replies: 12
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 6:08 PM

My co-admin cannot view classmate details in the manage classmates section.

I have given her rights to see and change anything.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 11:04 PM - Response #1

I logged in as Rhonda and confirmed there is no problem here. Make sure after clicking the Manage Classmates link she then clicks the Enter/Edit Classmates button. Once she does that she'll see a Details link next to every Classmate name.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 12:08 AM - Response #2

Marc,

I'm just a bit curious. Why do you have your Home page locked out with a password? If it is under construction, I would think you still would want people to find you--especially since this would normally be your 40 Class year Reunion. I've seen other sites that have been around for six or more months do the same thing. Mind you, I'm just "curious."Question

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 1:32 AM - Response #3

John Christman wrote:

Marc,

I'm just a bit curious. Why do you have your Home page locked out with a password? If it is under construction, I would think you still would want people to find you--especially since this would normally be your 40 Class year Reunion. I've seen other sites that have been around for six or more months do the same thing. Mind you, I'm just "curious."Question

I agree. I hate reading a forum question, clicking on "view site" and not being able to view it. May just be a matter of settings?? Bonita

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 4:55 AM - Response #4

I recently asked another site admin. the same question, and they said that some classmates had experienced I.D. Theft.
Personally, I don't see why that has to be an issue, since we DON'T have to put our date of birth OR address.
To each his/her own however.
Maybe they know something more about it than I do.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 3:16 PM - Response #5

My problem is not with the Details link, but with the Profiles link. All I get is a blank gray page when I try to access Profiles under Enter/Edit Classmates under Manage Classmates. The Details and Photos links work just fine.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 5:03 PM - Response #6

I know this sounds like a leap, but please try this... Please go to your own personal Edit Profile page and turn Off IM. Then return to one of these Classmate Details pages and see if you can still recreate the issue. Let us know either way!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 7:10 PM - Response #7

I get the same blank gray screen when going to Member Functions--Edit Profile (and thus could not turn off IM through my own Profile).

Until recently, I have had no problems accessing my own Profile through Member Functions, or other Profiles through Admin Functions. I am fairly certain that I have also been able to do this with IM on.

Relative to your suggestion, I closed my IM window. I was then able to access Member Functions--Edit Profile, and also Admin Functions--Enter/Edit Classmate--Profile.

When I turned IM back on, I was again unable to access these Profiles. The cause of the problem is very definitely related to IM being enabled/disabled.

I would think that non-Admin classmates would similarly experience difficulty editing their own Profiles under Member Functions, if they have enabled IM.

Is this problem something that you can fix? Please advise.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 10:54 PM - Response #8

What this is, is some kind of strange problem that only occurs for a fraction of users. We're feverishly trying to figure out what it happens. One thing I'm sure of is this only happens if:

1) The user has a screen resolution of 1024 x 768
2) The user is using the Internet Explorer browser
3) The user has IM turned on

What's really strange though is I've tried numerous ties to duplicate this using the exact criteria above from multiple computers and I can't duplicate it. Neither can the Programmers. I fully realize it's happening to you though. There has to be some other "mystery element" on just a few machines out there that somehow cause this to happen.

You can eliminate this problem while we're further diagnosing it by using any other web browser (like Firefox), or by continuing to use your current web browser and increasing your screen resolution to 1280 or higher.

Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 1:00 AM - Response #9

Brad - Jerry Bruckheimer called. He's developing a new "CSI Ann Arbor" show around your detective and diagnostic work. They're talking to Brad Pitt to play you.

(Come on, it's late; we have to have a little CC humor every once in a while.)

P.S. You look different?

Edited 07/22/10 1:02 AM
Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 1:29 AM - Response #10

Brad Switzer wrote:

What this is, is some kind of strange problem that only occurs for a fraction of users. We're feverishly trying to figure out what it happens. One thing I'm sure of is this only happens if:

Brad, I know this is a real long shot, but I wonder if Rhonda or others may have an Internet Options setting that is causing this? I was working on a friends (also classmate) computer this afternoon and found some really weird things happening, that I've never seen before and after about four hours of trouble shooting found the problem to be in her "internet options" settings. One of the problems dealt with the Active X Control setting. There was one other and now everything is working just the way it should--at least for a computer that is nearly 10 years old.

Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 1:34 AM - Response #11

John Chidester wrote:

P.S. You look different?

You know John, I think you're right. I'll bet he lost those 10 pounds you were talking about the other night and he took our suggestion. Mine Razz actually, then your handiwork in the "darkroom."Rolling Eyes

Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 2:03 AM - Response #12

I have been using a screen resolution of 1360x768.

I just tried two other screen resolutions--1280x800 and 1152x864 and encountered the same problem accessing the Profiles while IM is enabled.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.