ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Forum Subscriptions

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/08/10 10:23 AM Views: 1389 Replies: 5
Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Is there a place where I can see everyone who is subscribed to a particular forum thread?

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 10:56 AM - Response #1

That is a very good question! I don't believe it's ever been asked before, I had to go look myself. The answer is no. While you as an Admin can see what threads a specific user is subscribed to, you cannot get a list of all users who have subscribed to a specific thread. I can see how having such a function could be very helpful though -- especially if you're using the User Forums as a way to communicate with select groups and you need to ensure all people are correctly subscribed so you can have confidence a New Topic will get emailed out to everyone necessary. It may be a moment on this but I'll ask Rick if we can put in an Admin-viewable-only link at the bottom of any Topic like this:

Show users who are subscribed to this thread.

And when clicked maybe we can dynamically show a list of who is subscribed to the topic. The list would need to include anyone who has subscribed to that particular forum as well as anyone who has subscribed to that particular thread.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 11:03 AM - Response #2

That would be Wonderful Brad. I am trying to get my classmates to use the forum, but I really don't know if all of them are subscribed. I should have asked that question weeks ago........LOL....Thanks Barbara!

Edited 09/08/10 11:03 AM
Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 11:09 AM - Response #3

I did notice, although this is maybe not what she is asking, that you can see who has logged in and veiwed forums. Under "member forums" and "members" you can see who has viewed forums. Because we are not utilizing that as I want to "yet", all I see are "lookers". I will be interested to see what all is said on this thread with regards to this. Thanks, Denise

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 10:40 AM - Response #4

Ability to see member names who are subscribed is now available.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 12:26 PM - Response #5

Wow, that was quick work! Another thing to add to my list. Laughing

Thanks!
Gwen

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.