ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Setting Up "File Vault"

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/22/15 03:17 PM Views: 1408 Replies: 8
Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 3:17 PM

I don't understand how I can get to the site page that lets me download pictures into a File Vault; I'm really struggling to understand the architecture of this entire Class Creator site!

Edited 12/22/15 3:18 PM
Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 6:18 PM - Response #1

Every time you see the Content Editor (Edit Site Pages, EDIT PAGE for the Home Page, then scroll down to the edit window, for example), there are two buttons you can click to access the file vault. The IMAGE button (the button next to the SOURCE button) is where you upload IMAGES. Then the LINK button will take you to the second file vault location, which is where you upload other types of files (PDF, DOC, MP3, etc.). The LINK button is 3rd from the right on the 2nd row of icons.

You can UPLOAD images to the File Vault and then reference those images on your website. If you decide you want to put those images back on your hard drive or a separate computer, you would DOWNLOAD them to your other computer. Just a terminology issue, but you don't download images into the File Vault, you upload them (from your computer to the website is upload)

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 10:05 PM - Response #2

I don't see an Image button or a Source button anywhere within the File Vault as you describe ....it's like you're working with a entirely different system. If it's just a way of discouraging users so they'll pay $400 to have you design my site just say so!!

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 10:28 PM - Response #3

Like I said, go to the Edit Site Pages page. Move the mouse over HOME PAGE. Select "Edit Page". Scroll down to the editor window. You should now see the "SOURCE" button.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 1:08 PM - Response #4

Tim, the access to the file storage area (Image and File Vault) is through the Editor instead of a distinct access point that is more common for site file maintenance. I'll repeat what Kyle said in a slightly different way. (Maybe you got all this already.)

IOW, the Editor has the "buttons", although it's not obvious when you click/hover on them what will happen.

For example, click the "Image" icon (Top 2nd from the Left) and it just says "Image Properties" (not "vault"). Now click "File Vault" on that dialog. Whoa, it's completely different and shows your "Image" vault (actually a directory name called "Image"). You can upload images in that screen too, except getting the html generated is not as automatic.

Play with some images to see which access you prefer to use.

The more flexible "File Vault" (directory name="File") you get to by clicking the Editor's "link" icon on the 2nd row. On the right side of that row you see a flag thing. Now shift to the left 2 more and it says "Link" (also not obvious that this is a "vault" thingy). Next step more or less the same thing as for Image.

To make it simpler, you can Bookmark the "vaults" for quick direct access if you just want to upload, download, etc. Much simpler/faster. Could actually be an option on the Edit page.

It's pretty easy once you mess around but I agree it sure is not intuitive or obvious.Shocked

Edited 12/23/15 1:12 PM
Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 7:38 PM - Response #5

I am sure a video of this procedure would be more easy to follow than trying to read and follow the instructions. Is there one somewhere for those that would like one?

SAVING the links to your site file vault (1 for pictures and 1 for files like .pdf's) is the way to go, that way you can just upload the items directly without having to go through an 'edit page' procedure every time. Smile

Friday, January 8, 2016 at 10:00 PM - Response #6

Marla, thanks for your help ..... I need all I can get. I'm still having so much trouble organizing my 'file vault' as I'm not understanding how to get an individual gallery established. I'm also not sure how to get a link established to a specific location within the system. Like you said, I just need to keep "playing around." - Scherk

Friday, January 8, 2016 at 11:44 PM - Response #7

Hi Tim,
I will make a video for you. Please tell me which browser you use, so at least I can use the same in a video for you. Do you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?
Thanks!
Marla

Monday, January 11, 2016 at 11:34 PM - Response #8

Marla, any help you can offer would be much appreciated. I use Internet Explorer. - Tim

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.