ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Friends of the Class

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/25/09 09:06 AM Views: 1304 Replies: 3
Friday, September 25, 2009 at 9:06 AM

I have had several requests from people that attended shool with our class but for various reasons did not graduate with us. They have requested to be added and even to attend the reunion. I need a way to add these folks in that identifies them as Friends of the class but not graduates.

Friday, September 25, 2009 at 9:13 AM - Response #1

Michael Sawyer wrote:

I have had several requests from people that attended school with our class but for various reasons did not graduate with us. They have requested to be added and even to attend the reunion. I need a way to add these folks in that identifies them as Friends of the class but not graduates.

Welcome Michael,

You can just add them in as Guest members. When you go to Manage Classmates/Enter Edit Classmates There is a button to ADD New Member. Click this button. Fill in all of the details you know about this guest member.

When you get to THIS line, choose "Show as Guest Member".

Show On Class List:         Yes No Show as Guest Member

Guest members have the same privileges as class members except they are categorized separately in In Memory, Classmate Profiles, etc.

You could even put TEACHERS as guest members. One thing that other Admins are doing is putting "(Class of xx)" or "(Art Teacher)", etc. after their last name to specify who they are.

Edited 09/25/09 9:24 AM
Friday, September 25, 2009 at 11:54 AM - Response #2

I came from a class of 175 graduates, but we had an additional 30 classmates that either moved away or just did not graduate. As far as I am concerned they went to school with us all those years, they are counted as Classmates and I added them as such. The only "guests" on our site are other administrators who ask to be included, Teachers, family and friends who want to see the site, etc.

I have 205 Classmates down as The Class of 79 and they all are equal in my boat.

Just a thought.

Friday, September 25, 2009 at 2:01 PM - Response #3

We put this on most of our class websites at the top as a greeting:

This is a private and permanent site for all South Pasadena Junior High & High School students who graduated in 1969, or not quite, finished at another school and/or moved away.
You are all welcome here!

The more the merrier! They were all our friends in either elementary school, junior high or middle school and high school. If you are associated with and working with your alumni association like we are, it is better to have as many participate and hopefully become alumni association members. So limiting it to only those that graduated does not make sense.

Many alumni have similar situations to mine. I went to school from Kindergarten through High school at the same school system. At the beginning of the 12th grade I moved away and graduated from another high school. I associate with the one I went to the majority of the time. That is where most of my relationships with friends were. So, I have helped organize reunions and joined and work with the Alumni Association of the one I most relate to, even though I did not finally graduate there.

Just thought you might want to consider this too!

See:
www.sphs69.org
www.sphs72.com
www.sphsaa-classmates.org

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.