ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Hide "Attending...Reunion" count on Classmates Page?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/01/11 09:09 AM Views: 1553 Replies: 18
Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 9:09 AM

How can I hide the count of people registered for the reunion that shows up in the summary box at the top of the classmates page?

We came on board late using this great site, and our reunion is just a few months away. The number of people registered for the reunion is still pretty low, and I do not want prospective attendees to be discouraged from signing up for the reunion if they see just a small number that have signed up so far.

How can I hide this amount or the whole line that appears in the summary box?

Thank you,
Mark

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 10:29 AM - Response #1

OK, it is an option we need to turn on here. I did that for you. We will need to turn it off if you want to see it again.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 10:52 AM - Response #2

Perfect! Thank you for such a prompt response.

Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 11:25 AM - Response #3

Kyle,
Can you do the same thing on my site for me?
Will there be somewhere in the Admin views where we can still see a total?

Is this a possible feature that can be implemented for Admins in the future?

Thank you.
Francine

Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 11:46 AM - Response #4

OK, I removed it from your Classmate Profiles page.

Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 1:56 PM - Response #5

Yes, I can still see how many are registered for the reunion by going to Reunion Planner, then clicking on Attendees.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 at 11:18 AM - Response #6

Kyle,

I have a related question concerning the "Attending...Reunion" count on the Classmates page. Is there any way to change the total to reflect the "real" total of people attending counting spouses/guests. We have a 125 attendee limit at our venue and while the count (as of this moment) shows 37 the true count is 52 counting the spouses who are not classmates. I have posted a statement to that effect on our Home Page, but it would be nice to have that constantly visible on the Classmate Profiles page.

Thanks & regards,
Don

Sunday, June 12, 2011 at 11:43 AM - Response #7

Don,

Not the way it currently works. There are talks about adding custom icons that you can define, but I don't think any programming has happened on that yet.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 at 4:02 PM - Response #8

Wow, thanks for the quick response - on a Sunday, no less.
That's pretty much what I thought the answer would be, but it's not a huge deal. I'll probably post the current total every Friday and leave it up through the weekend.

Thanks again for a great website.
Don

Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 7:21 AM - Response #9

Hi Kyle,

Sorry to be a pest, but can you now turn the attending reunion count back on on the Classmate Profile page for me? Our payments are now filtering in and everyone is asking to see who will be attending.

Thank you so much.
You guys are great! Very Happy

Francine

Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 8:15 AM - Response #10

not a problem. Done.

Monday, July 11, 2011 at 5:06 PM - Response #11

Kyle, I had the attending reunion count working fine on the classmates page but now I see the number attendng but cannot click on it to see who they are. People like this and I need it back! Wink I added a countdown clock to the top of the reunion page itself. Only changes I can think of that might affect this. Thanks!

Janie

Monday, July 11, 2011 at 5:25 PM - Response #12

Hi Janie,

When I click on your Classmate Profiles page and then choose the link for Attending WHS '66 45th Reunion: 32 it goes to a list of classmates who are attending. That link only disappears if you are already on the page that lists the classmates http://www.watterson1966.org/class_class...=4&sort2=0&f3=c&yp=n Are you possibly looking at the results page?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, July 24, 2011 at 5:49 PM - Response #13

Kyle,

This website has been working great! Can you know reset our site so that the reunion count and who is attending will now be visible??

Thank you!
Mark

Sunday, July 24, 2011 at 6:20 PM - Response #14

OK, it is done. Your Classmate Profiles page now shows the Attending Reunion icon and count.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 1:34 PM - Response #15

Hi Kyle,
I am brand new to this site and you seem to be the "go to" guy. =) I turned off my reunion counter on the classmates profiles page because I thought people were getting confused thinking that answering this question affirmatively on their profile actually registered them for the reunion. I reworded the question on the profile creator and would like to have it turned back on. Could you please help me with this?
Thanks very much!
Cara

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 2:10 PM - Response #16

Cara,

OK it is turned on again.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 3:26 PM - Response #17

Kyle,

I would like to hide the count on my website as well as the names of those attending until the data is accurate.

Also, CC's field for Attending reunion field on my site is not capturing in the database...is this part of the problems and what is new date to fix?

Thank you.

Monica Crawford

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 1:26 AM - Response #18

Hi All,

Anyone who was having issues with their attending reunion count please check the count. We just posted the update.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.