ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Removing spacing

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/08/10 07:45 AM Views: 1221 Replies: 1
Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 7:45 AM

Brad,
Under my Updates and News I have listed past issues of our class newsletters. There are spacing problems as well as font size issues. I can't seem to get things spaced evenly and sized appropriately.

Also,
Is there a way to change the names of the pdf's so they all say something like June Newsletter, July Newsletter, etc. rather than each having a different title?
Judy Willis

Edited 09/08/10 8:38 AM
Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 10:40 AM - Response #1

1) Updates and News: This is a classic case of pasting in content from Microsoft Word without using the "Paste from Word" icon. If you use the regular paste icon you're going to get all kinds of Word code behind the scenes. Almost every time somebody complaints about font size and spacing issues it's because foreign source code is in the page. If in the future you use the Paste From Word icon when pasting Word content onto your web site the editor will strip out all of the Word code and keep things manageable for you. In this case I ran a little code stripper utility to strip all of the Word code out of that page, which is now done, but you may need to do a little reformatting to get the page how you want it again.

2) Yes, there is no reason to display the actual link name to a PDF file. You want to leave the link in tact, but simply backspace out the long link file name and type in the verbiage of your choice. It's a good question so I'm glad you asked it, others often have this same question. There is no reason to leave big ugly long hperlinks on your page. All long links can be buried under regular text on the page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.