ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Two Playlists Play at Same Time

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/10/09 11:44 AM Views: 1619 Replies: 11
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 11:44 AM

I noticed that Don (Vincent Massey Collegiate) had several Playlists on his "Jukebox" page.
I wanted to do the same because one member requested Country Hits of the Sixties in addition to the "Rock Hits of the Sixties."
I created a new country playlist and added it our JukeBox page.
They both play at once unless I manually go to one of the playlists and turn it off. Is this happening to our classmates who visit, too? Will they have to know to turn one playlist off? How did Don upload ALL of his playlist so they are ALL playing at once?
Kathy

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 7:06 PM - Response #1

Kathy
Don has the 1962 set to auto play. The rest he changed not to. In playlist next to autostart you have the choice of yes or no. You can put the others as No and it will be like Don's. I use playlist a lot so if you need help just email me.
Very Happy

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 7:59 PM - Response #2

Dawn,
Thank you. I will try this. It was a bit confusing to hear "Mony-Mony" and "Harper Valley PTA" playing at the same time.
Kathy

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 8:02 PM - Response #3

Dawn,
OK. I visited your site...AWESOME ! How do you make that little Indian stay on my cursor?
I also like the way you personalized your playlist. As soon as I find our group photo, I'm going to try that.
Kathy

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 10:42 PM - Response #4

Go to post playlist, then click get the playlist code for any website,

This is what you see for step 3: (Custom Skin is how I put the senior group picture on background.

3. Autostart? Yes No ? this will make your playlist play automatically when people go to your page
Random/Shuffle Yes No ? makes your playlist play randomly instead of in order (shuffle)
Custom Skin? Yes No ? lets you put your own custom image in your playlist! (what's this?)

Skin DetailsURL of Custom Skin image (must be a .jpg)
(how do I get a URL?)

Choose color of the bottom buttons Black Gray Blue Purple Pink Red Green
Choose the font color White Black

IMPORTANT: click the button above to preview your custom skin
before clicking "get code" below!

Choose color of your player Black Gray Blue Purple Pink Red Green ? The color you want your playlist to be

Get Code ? Click here to get your code!

if you still have trouble let me know I have about 7 playlist for different Myspace pages I do for myself, a bar and restuarant. So I might be able to help a little.
Very Happy

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 10:50 PM - Response #5

Kathy Schmoldt wrote:

Dawn,
OK. I visited your site...AWESOME ! How do you make that little Indian stay on my cursor?
I also like the way you personalized your playlist. As soon as I find our group photo, I'm going to try that.
Kathy

Kathy all of the different cursors I got from Cursor Mania. On the school years video page I have a little bus, the indian on the front page and a pac man machine on the game room. Thanks for the Awesome comment, I'm still working on different things and hope to get everyone to give me input shortly.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 11:29 PM - Response #6

Dawn,
I"m slow, but FINALLY realized I had to go all the way back to the "code page." Hopefully, my classmates aren't listening to "Mony Mony" and "Harper Valley PTA" at the same time now.

Off to Cursor Mania to see if I can figure that out.

Thanks,
Kathy

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 11:31 PM - Response #7

Kathy Schmoldt wrote:

Dawn,
I"m slow, but FINALLY realized I had to go all the way back to the "code page." Hopefully, my classmates aren't listening to "Mony Mony" and "Harper Valley PTA" at the same time now.

Off to Cursor Mania to see if I can figure that out.

Thanks,
Kathy

Well let me know if I can help with that too. I don't mind. I'm just glad I could help with the playlist.
Dawn

Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 6:26 AM - Response #8

Hey Kathy-
I just installed playlist on my home page.It plays automatically. I put it on stop mode-pop out the player-minimize the page so it will keep playing while folks surf the site. However when you go back to the home page it starts a second song then 2 songs are playing at once. How do I fix that?
THX!
Jan

Saturday, April 25, 2009 at 10:36 PM - Response #9

Hi Jan,
You're asking me? The Queen of Don't Know Nuthin'?

I hope that Brad or Jessica sees your question because I'm not sure I know how to explain what to do. I think it has something to do with "auto-start" when you create your playlist, but I'm not sure.
I so wish I knew the answer.
Sorry.
Kathy

Saturday, April 25, 2009 at 11:02 PM - Response #10

When you launch the pop-up player it just opens the playlist in a new second window. If you return back to any other page that has a playlist it will play both. You'll have to pause the home page one or close the other one.

Sunday, April 26, 2009 at 1:00 AM - Response #11

Jan Reed wrote:

Hey Kathy-
I just installed playlist on my home page.It plays automatically. I put it on stop mode-pop out the player-minimize the page so it will keep playing while folks surf the site. However when you go back to the home page it starts a second song then 2 songs are playing at once. How do I fix that?
THX!
Jan

Jan

You need to have only one playlist auto start. That way on it will play; make the other playlist where you classmates can manually start.

Dawn

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.