ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

MEMBER FUNCTIONS - New Link to Add "My Profile"

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/19/09 05:08 PM Views: 1429 Replies: 4
Monday, January 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Hi Guys!

I have been getting a similar request from many classmates on the sites we have been building for the different class years at our high school.

Can we have a "My Profile" link on the menu under Member Functions? It could be below "Check Messages" and above "Edit Contact Info".

When we update our personal profile or photos we have to go through all the steps to get back to our page to see how it looks. A simple link on the menu would be very helpful!

Monday, January 19, 2009 at 5:48 PM - Response #1

Isn't that the same as the "Edit Profile" link that's already there now? I'm not sure I get it. If you edit your Profile and make a change, the system immediately displays your Profile page live complete with your change you just made. I'm not sure why somebody would need to go back to something, it's already doing this exact thing already. If they do want to go back in and make further changes, just click Edit Profile on the left again.

Edited 01/19/09 5:50 PM
Monday, January 19, 2009 at 5:59 PM - Response #2

Oh sory, I think I see what you're saying. You want the "My Profile" to be a link to the Live Profile.

But, you do already get the Live Profile view whenever you edit and save your Profile. Or of course you can just click on your own name on the Class List to see your live Profile.

Gut feeling says an "Edit Profile" link and a "My Profile" link in the same area will be confusing to people.

Monday, January 19, 2009 at 6:20 PM - Response #3

Brad, it does not take you back to a live classmate page once you save the page. That is the problem.

Since there is no preview of what you update to your page (photos, youtube, other content) you want to see how it looks. You have to keep going back and forth through the Classmate Profile list, scrolling down, and clicking on your name. A link in the menu would eliminate that. Or modifying how the SAVE CHANGES button reacts to and update.

Yes, you have to go back to Classmate Profiles, find your name and access it there. Extra steps that could be reduced if in fact you went back to a live page automatically after an update or there was a link.

Hey, this is a request from more than one person and I am passing it on. But I think the idea is noteworthy.

Monday, January 19, 2009 at 8:09 PM - Response #4

I think I see the confusion here:

After you update your Profile, you immediately see your live Profile, complete with your changes you just made. That's the way it has always worked. So I think you're taling about the Photos page only.

On the photos page, after adding a photo you stay on the page in case you want to add more photos. In this case I think showing the live Profile immediatley after adding a photo would not be very usable, as people often add one photo at a time, enter a caption, then add another photo, enter another caption, etc. After adding all the photos you want to add, you would then click Classmate Profiles and click on your name to see your Profile.

Would adding a "View My Profile" button to the Photos page solve the problem for ya?

Edited 01/19/09 8:13 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.