ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Sort Order of User Login Dates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/06/09 02:07 PM Views: 1412 Replies: 3
Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 2:07 PM

I noticed that when looking on the statistics page at the list of users and last login dates, the initial sorting by Last Login date makes sense; it's in descending order by date. But if you use one of the other sort options, say Last Name, and then try to go back to sorting by Last Login date, the sort gets messed up. If the sort is descending by year, within the year the month/day sort is ascending, and vice-versa. The only way to get it back in logical order is to go back to the statistics page and start over.

Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 2:39 PM - Response #1

Weird. You're right. It's sorted correctly in the initial view as you mentioned. From there you should be able to click "Last Login" again and have it reverse order. And then click it again to have it return to the original order, etc. But instead it get all out of whack. I'll put in a note for Dave about this, thank you.

Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 2:57 PM - Response #2

I bet when you use the sort links it does an alpha sort instead of actually sorting on the date.

Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 5:28 PM - Response #3

When the years are sorted in ascending order, the dates within each year are in descending order. I don't know what that type of algorithm is called, other than as you said, weird.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.