ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

FYI---Hacked Email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/09/16 05:50 PM Views: 900 Replies: 3
Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Just FYI---We have had some of our members emails hacked recently and are receiving several messages from these hacked email. Our site password has been changed.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 10:21 PM - Response #1

A few thoughts:

When you say you're receiving several messages from these hacked emails, are you getting these at your Contact Us link?

I don't understand how someone can access your members' emails through your site. They are viewable only by the administrators. Unless I'm missing something, changing your site password won't help. If I asked to join your site and you gave me a temporary password (system password), I wouldn't be able to access any of your members' email addresses.

Somebody with more knowledge than me please weigh in.

Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 4:26 PM - Response #2

The message above is very confusing. I do not see any connection to the site and your member's emails having possibly been hacked. Email addresses are not displayed in the system for anyone to access. Even if they were, they would all need to be independently hacked into by a hacker. Please elaborate on what you mean by the emails or the site being hacked so we can address your concerns.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.