ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Use of Safari

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/28/16 01:31 PM Views: 928 Replies: 9
Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 1:31 PM

A number of my classmates have had issues using Safari as their browser to access our class site. Are there known constraints I should inform my users about when using Safari?
Thanks - Pete

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 2:27 PM - Response #1

At a minimum, they need to upgrade to the latest version of Safari. However, some users will be using older operating systems that will not allow them to install the most current versions of Safari unless they also upgrade their OS. For some, this will be a free upgrade. For others, they will need to pay to upgrade. For those who do not wish to pay for the OS upgrade, I would suggest that they use either Firefox or Chrome to access the site if they are experiencing issues with their Safari.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 2:37 PM - Response #2

I use iOS 7 OS X only. I have no issues using Safari as an Admin.

I forgot to add that I am up to date on the latest update which are free, if your system is compatible, meaning not too old.

Edited 06/28/16 2:44 PM
Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 2:39 PM - Response #3

Many of the Safari issues go back to the OS called Mavericks.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 6:36 PM - Response #4

Pete - you may want to copy Scott's explanation and email the class. Several of my classmates specifically using a Mac couldn't access our website. Classmates seem appreciative receiving the info provided by Scott. (As a non Mac user, Safari continues to work well for me.)

Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 9:20 PM - Response #5

I also have been having trouble making photo changes using Safari for quite awhile now, especially embedding photos. I had to use Firefox to make the changes, but they do not show up when I use my regular Browser, Safari. I use a MAC and have OS X 10.10.5. Do you think this is going to be a permanent problem. Maybe I should send out a class email if so.

Thanks for any help on this.
Tracey

Monday, July 18, 2016 at 4:18 PM - Response #6

From what I hear from users who have been able to update to the latest version of Safari, these issues go away.

Monday, July 18, 2016 at 5:56 PM - Response #7

Thanks Scott. I do have the latest version of Safari. Hmmmm

Monday, July 18, 2016 at 6:11 PM - Response #8

Co-Admin has a Mac with latest version of Safari. Not until after using Firefox (Scott's kind suggestion)was she able to navigate our website. I chose to email the class and suggested Mac users consider using Firefox to access our website.

Edited 07/18/16 6:16 PM
Monday, July 18, 2016 at 6:24 PM - Response #9

I will do that. Thanks

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.