ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Photos Posted by Classmate Too Large in Profile

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/12/10 01:59 AM Views: 1210 Replies: 4
Monday, April 12, 2010 at 1:59 AM

Hi -- how come some of the photos that are posted by classmates turn out so gigantic in a person's profile? One of my classmates who joined recently posted a photo that is well, big enough to see the enamel on his teeth. I tried to resize it smaller myself but I must not be doing it right. How can I do that? I've tried adjusting the size via Manage Classmates and edit photos but it just doesn't change size when I save it. Thanks, Elaine

Monday, April 12, 2010 at 2:04 AM - Response #1

Well, never mind, I guess the last attempt I made finally took. Does it take some time to take effect? I'm not sure how I finally got the photo to be smaller now but it's ok. Any tips would be welcome! Thanks again, Elaine

Monday, April 12, 2010 at 2:07 AM - Response #2

I'm going to make 2 guesses on this, which may be right or wrong.

1) The gigantic photo was posted during the time we were transitioning over to the new editor. For a brief period of time (1 day I believe) our built-in image resizer was not activating. It's impossible to post photos that are too large now.

2) Were you in the image editor using the "zoom" slider at the top of the window attempting to resize the image? If you were, the zoom slider doesn't actually do anything other than change how small or large you're viewing the photo on your own screen. If you want to resize the image you have to use the "Resize" slider. I'm guessing you first might have only adjusted the zoom slider, and later went back in and adjusted the correct resize slider, thereby fixing the image.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 12:52 PM - Response #3

Hi Brad, Not sure exactly what I did but probably something like the second scenario, although I thought I was using the resize slider each time. Would I have to come out of Classmate Profiles entirely and then go back to that page, click the classmate name to see the picture change? If it happens again I'll pay more attention to what I'm doing or not doing and let you know!Surprised

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 1:24 PM - Response #4

No, from the thumbnail preview page if you click directly on the thumbnail image, the image will expand to its full size. If you want to see it inline with the Profile, then of course yes, you'd need to view the live Profile page.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.