ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Notify Me and the power of

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/03/15 04:13 PM Views: 819 Replies: 3
Saturday, January 3, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Long ago, I chose the option to use Notify Me when I check the box under a new announcement or other page. Today, I share the power of Notify Me.

As an admin, we have the ability to increase our site daily log-ins with new or updated content. I was doing a good job of this until life happenings became more important. When I looked at stats, they were no longer in the 40-80 individual visits a day but under 20 or under 10!

Until today, the last 20 days had only 2 days over 20 individual visits. Late last night, I added a new announcement to the home page and checked the Notify Me box. The announcement was three or four down from the top on the home page and I called it a night. Fast forward to 4:00 pm EST...the number of individual visits is 66. I note, this is an alumni site with 801 members... yet this shows we have the ability to change our stats. It takes a desire to do so and a bit of time.
Here is a screen shot of the stats for the site:

Saturday, January 3, 2015 at 4:22 PM - Response #1

And this just in...
The following is from a site member who has been on the site two years. She sent the following using the Contact Us form:

Date: Sat, January 03, 2015 4:10 pm

Just a quick thanx to you Gwen! for all you do here!

ADMINS: The number of log-ins is all I need. This is the icing on top.

Sunday, January 4, 2015 at 12:33 AM - Response #2

The final count for the day...

Sunday, January 4, 2015 at 8:22 PM - Response #3

It worked for me also .. thanks.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.