ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Suggestions for new Threaded E-mail

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/06/09 09:20 AM Views: 1461 Replies: 7
Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 9:20 AM

The Threaded E-mail was recently implemented. Here are some suggestions:

1. Be able to sort by CLASSMATE NAME (or add a filtering method similar to the Manage Classmates where I can type a name and only those threads from the classmate show up). Sometimes I want to find a message I sent to a classmate, but don't want to page through all of the e-mails to find it. Also maybe sort/filter by SUBJECT/TOPIC of the e-mail.

2. A drop-down for the page size. I think 10 e-mails isn't enough. Maybe with the sort/filtering implemented above, the page size isn't as important.

3. Maybe have a sort by STATUS, so we can see those that haven't been read yet and those that we haven't replied to. Maybe they are already sorted so that the "New Response in Thread" will always appear at the top.

Edited 08/06/09 9:44 AM
Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM - Response #1

Thanks Kyle. Yes, threads with unread responses will appear at the top. I'll start a Task List of Threaded Email suggestions and once suggestions have slowed we'll evaluate everything as a whole and make any requested tweaks.

Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 12:33 PM - Response #2

Another suggestion: Next Page, Previous Page navigation at the bottom of the list, too.

In the OUTBOX (messages we sent, but they haven't replied to), is there a way to see if the message has been read?

In the OUTBOX, there is a status of "Responded". If they have responded, doesn't that mean that the message thread now appears in the INBOX and wouldn't even be displayed in the OUTBOX anymore?

If a FILTER is added, apply the filter to both INBOX and OUTBOX so that the same classmate we have communicated with can be found easily.

Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 1:42 PM - Response #3

Forwarded to Mike for review, thanks Kyle.

Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 2:18 PM - Response #4

I really like the way the threaded email is set up. A very nice add-on that is already well appreciated. Yes, beer is in order for you and the team!

I agree with Kyle about the "previous page" and "forward". Even though I don't have to move the cursor very far, I didn't like having to click on "check messages" link and start over to look at other threads. Perhaps there could be a "return to message threads", or something like that, on the page showing the thread. Thanks!

Friday, August 7, 2009 at 1:10 PM - Response #5

Hey, I don't want to be a complainer, but it doesn't seem that the new Threaded E-mail keeps the formatting of the e-mail message.

If I type a message to a classmate with several ENTER (line breaks), the message in the OUTBOX or the INBOX after it is replied to is all scrunched together with no line breaks. It doesn't look very good.

Friday, August 7, 2009 at 1:14 PM - Response #6

Will have Mike check that out, thanks. Now quit yer complainin'. Wink

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 3:22 AM - Response #7

I haven't been to the site in awhile and had to come back today to notify the class about a classmate's bad accident. I went into my pm's and noticed the new format. Way to go!! Love it!!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.