ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate locations

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/14/11 10:02 PM Views: 1204 Replies: 3
Sunday, August 14, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I'm trying to get my classmates' "balloon" to appear on the classmates map on the homepage and some are not appearing even though the city state and zip are in their profiles. Is it because they have the option of choosing not to reveal where they live? I'm trying to manually put some of them in if I know where they live and it still doesn't update. thank you. Jonathan

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 at 4:04 PM - Response #1

The classmates need to enter that information in order for it to show up. There is a "Classmate Entered" section that the admin isn't able to override. The reason is that if the classmates wanted that information to be displayed, they could enter that information. Because of stalkers, etc. some classmates don't want that information available, even to their own classmates.

Monday, November 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM - Response #2

I have two classmates whose location will not appear on the map. One lives in Colorado and the other in Washington. The one in Washington added her own information. The other one I'm trying to add. Is there a way of determining from the website if they chose not to show their address?

Monday, November 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM - Response #3

The setting that governed the display of this info was removed from all profiles earlier this year. We opted to stop displaying any address for classmates figuring that if a classmate wishes to request or provide an address, that this can be done privately through the message center. If an admin enters the info for the member, the system will know this and will not plot the address on the map view. Also note that the plots on the map only go as close as the city center, as opposed to actual physical address.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.