ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Upload a music CD to website

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/21/10 12:46 AM Views: 1510 Replies: 3
Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Hi,

Our class singing groups (octets) made a CD of some of their songs. How can I get this uploaded to the site? No rush on a response, I don't have the CD as yet, I just need to know that it can or can't be done.

Thanks much,

Donna

Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 4:46 AM - Response #1

It can be done. The answer depends on what format the audio is in on the CD. If there's a web ready audio format, such as an MP3, then it's as easy as uploading the MP3 to your File Vault and then embedding it on your site. If it's not in a web ready format, for instance the CD is a regular consumer audio CD, then you'll need to convert the music to a web ready format. This can be done with many software programs, many of which are inexpensive or free. Once you've done the conversion, you would upload to File Vault, and embed on the site.

I can walk you through whatever needs to be done. When you get the CD respond here and tell me what format the song is in. You can find that out by putting the CD in your computer and browing the CD to see what files are on it.

Edited 02/21/10 12:04 PM
Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 8:04 AM - Response #2

Donna,

If your using windows and have windows media installed you can covert cd format to mp3 and mp3 format to cd.
Doug

Edited 02/21/10 8:13 AM
Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 12:00 PM - Response #3

Thanks Brad,

When I get the CD, I'll check back. I will also check out making the conversion by using windows media on a PC as suggested by Doug. Always something new, right? Thanks!

Donna

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.