ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"In Memory" entries

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/07/10 09:47 PM Views: 1202 Replies: 3
Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 9:47 PM

I have a long (3 pg) Word document that was written by a classmate as a tribute to one of our deceased class members. Is there a word limit to the entries and will the clipboard handle pasting that large a document into the post box? I would prefer not to create a link, if possible.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 10:38 PM - Response #1

Just a suggestion, Gena -- but the classmate who has written a tribute to a fellow class-mate might be handled better if the writer would simply post it as his or her "comment" rather than having you as the admin posting it.

The writer would simply go to that In Memory page and click on "Post Comment". Copy and paste should work. I don't think there is a limit on the amount of copy.

Generally the copy posted by the Admin is the obituary text.

Of course as an Admin, sometimes you have to make up the rules as you go along. Rolling Eyes

Edited 09/07/10 10:40 PM
Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 11:51 PM - Response #2

Regardless of whether you choose to have the Classmate post the tribute as a comment or whether you choose to post it in the main In Memory info area for this Classmate, if you're copying the info from Word it's very important you click the "Paste from Word" icon when pasting in the info instead of clicking the regular "Paste" icon. The regular paste icon leaves all kinds of Word html code behind the scenes and generally causes plenty of formatting problems. Although the "Paste from Word" icon may not paste the info perfectly, you're better off doing some light reformatting if necessary than leaving Word's significant html code in place.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 12:56 AM - Response #3

I agree with John..let the writer post it to the obit of your classmate.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.