ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Question on One of my Pages

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/31/10 10:03 AM Views: 1410 Replies: 7
Monday, May 31, 2010 at 10:03 AM

I am using one of my customizable links to add a single page of then/now photos of classmates. It is not active yet as it is not finished. It is called Us - Then & Now. Can one of the support folks check it out for me? I've only done the A's & B's so far and only the yearbook photos. Before I go further, I want to be sure I'll be OK adding out the whole group. There will be just short of 500 names. Will I be OK sizewise and will it take loner to save/edit, etc.? Each photo is approximately the same size. Thanks.

Monday, May 31, 2010 at 10:32 AM - Response #1

There is no size limit for the custom pages. You should be able to add the whole group. It might take a little longer to load the page as you get more and more photos, but if you keep the size of the photos smaller (use 72 dots-per-inch photos instead of 1200 dpi photos because they are smaller and are suitable for websites) then the page will load faster.

Monday, May 31, 2010 at 11:32 AM - Response #2

OK....they were scanned at 300 DPI but I have another set that are 72 DPI that I will use. Related question....how can I move images from my main image folder to a sub folder I created?

Edited 05/31/10 11:33 AM
Monday, May 31, 2010 at 11:54 AM - Response #3

300 DPI should also work.

I don't think that subfolders are usable in the File Vault. I think you can create them, but not much else. I could be wrong, though.

Monday, May 31, 2010 at 5:05 PM - Response #4

I would just like to tell you what our class did.
We put everyone yearbood picture on the profile pages and then asked them to add their own current pictures to their profile page.

Then we went to customizable picture pages and did a few things. One thing that is neat is the web content manager took small circle of each picture - yearbook and current and put them next to one another so you see the "then and now" right next to one another and then the next person right below that so you can scroll through the entire class and see a "summary of pictures".

We have 400 classmates.

Best wishes, ED

Monday, May 31, 2010 at 5:11 PM - Response #5

Sounds interesting. Can you give me more specific details on how you accomplished this and an example of what the end result looks like? Thanks.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 7:33 PM - Response #6

Barb,
I sent you an email through your "contact us" button.
RichVery Happy

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 8:19 PM - Response #7

I would like specific instruction too, if you don't mind..what a great idea!!

Thanks so much in advance for sending,
Leslie Howerton Jones
Fort Hunt Class of 80

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.