ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Reunion Planner

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/05/12 04:00 PM Views: 1348 Replies: 11
Monday, March 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM

We have 35 classmates registered and another 100+ who desire to register but Classcreator recently put in "under construction" mode. I'm hesitant about changing anything on the site right now for fear of interferring with the update process.
Can I at least shut the reunion down for now and turn it back on March 14th, 2012 when construction is done? That way the link wil not appear on the home page and confuse classmates.
Tom Gregorich
tgregorich50@gmail.com
Mackenzie 1962 Web Site Administrator

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 10:09 AM - Response #1

Hi Tom,

You certainly can do so. When you switch it back on, it will pick up right where it left off.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 10:33 AM - Response #2

Hi Eric,

Becasue of a pre-established pricing schedule, we had to activate our reunion this past weekend. All appears to be functioning correctly except as the site administrator I stopped receiving email notifications of registrations around noon or so on Monday March 5th (new classmates sign-up also stopped). So I'm not sure if this is related to the Reunion Planner or just a general probelm. I've checked the email address and nothing is changed. Also, I am still receiving other mail at this address and sent a successfule email from the website to the address.

Any reason the notifications would stop?

Thanks,

Richard Licas
rlucas@scrainc.com
Grimsley Senior High Class of 1972

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM - Response #3

Turns out there was a big ol' hairball in the mail pipe. We've poured in the drano and things are moving now. Hopefully that will address the issue, through we are still working out some bugs that surfaced after the Reunion Planner update.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 3:08 PM - Response #4

Thanks Eric,

The drano worked wonders! Now one last reunion planner question if I may. None of the profiles for classmates that are attending the reunion show the icon on the profiles page. I tried to follow the steps in the FAQ's and these profiles are already set to yes attending the reunion. Is there something I need to toggle to make the icon appear?
Thanks,
Richard Lucas

Here's the info from the FAQ's for setting it manually.
Attending Reunion: Click on Manage Classmates, then click Enter/Edit Classmates manually. Click the Profile link next to the Classmate's name. At the bottom of the page toggle the "Attending Reunion" answer to "Yes." The Classmate will now have the reunion icon next to his or her name. (Note: This option is only available if you currently have an active reunion running on your site.)

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 3:15 PM - Response #5

That icon is part of what we're still fixing in the Reunion Planner. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 4:48 PM - Response #6

Thanks Eric...and thanks for NOT pointing out the obvious that if people like me would read and heed the warning not to make changes while you're upgrading the process, none of these would have been an issue in the first place!

Thanks again for your help!

Richard Lucas

Monday, March 19, 2012 at 6:45 AM - Response #7

I saw the revised message on the site and don't plan to make any more changes to our Reunion site. Can I accept new registrations now?
Tom Gregorich, mackenzie62

Monday, March 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM - Response #8

Hi Tom,

Yes there are a few known tweaks we are finalizing this week, however, many reunions are accepting registrations without issue. If you are not seeing the attending reunion icon immediately after someone registers that item will be resolved shortly. You won't need to make any adjustments on your end - it will show up on its own when this adjustment is complete. I'll post an update here when that item is resolved if you prefer to wait for that update.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 1:21 AM - Response #9

Hi All,

Please check your attending reunion count. We just posted the update.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 4:40 PM - Response #10

I saw that you took off the "Pardon Our Dust" until 3/19 message on the reunion planner. I have a multi-year site and some of my registration questions have disapeared like the default one for First Name. I can see the registration questions in edit mode only.

When classmates go to the reunion planner (ours is titled "2012 Reunion Tickets") There is no registration questions, just the choice to purchase tickets. I tested this with a fake guest name.

Also, I used to have a item available for purchase with a price of $0.00. We just wanted it for headcount only. Now, it makes me put an amount in there. Is there any way to keep it at zero?

As always, thanks for your help.

Monday, April 2, 2012 at 11:52 AM - Response #11

We made an adjustment and you should be able to have $0.00 items once again. Please check it out and let us know if you have any questions.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.