ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

CC Playlist Widget in the IN MEMORY?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/27/10 11:21 AM Views: 1771 Replies: 13
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I have had Flashwidgetz within my In Memory section for a long time. I wanted to replace it with the CC PopOut Playlist, as I like the way CC "asks" if want to play music. That resolves an issue with 2 players at once very nicely.

Sourcing the CC playlist Popup Widget within the IN MEMORY section does not seem to work for me. I can get it into the Source Code like done elsewhere, but when answer the question I get a Full Screen in all black background, no Playlist, and no Music.

I couldn't leave my In Memory like that for you to review, as I have a push on to classmates to review In Memory. I restored back to my Flashwidgetz.

If you don't see what the issue is, you certainly can Restore my In Memory to a prior date on Oct 27 (use Oct 27, done at 12:22:05 AM for example) to see what I mean. Please put it back though if screen has work to do, OR just let me know asap so I can Restore back if need be.

Edited 10/27/10 11:30 AM
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 2:31 PM - Response #1

Sure enough. It seems to be an IE thing only. At first glance I suspect it's one of 3 possible things:

1) Your other embed code on the In Memory page is conflicting with it

2) Your SiteMeter code in your Google Analytics box on your Preferences page is conflicting with it

3) Nothing is conflicting with it and it's happening to everyone using Internet Explorer

Programming will determine which one of these 3 it is and should be able to correct. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 5:49 PM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

Sure enough. It seems to be an IE thing only. At first glance I suspect it's one of 3 possible things:

1) Your other embed code on the In Memory page is conflicting with it

2) Your SiteMeter code in your Google Analytics box on your Preferences page is conflicting with it

3) Nothing is conflicting with it and it's happening to everyone using Internet Explorer

Programming will determine which one of these 3 it is and should be able to correct. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Well, you are right again. I just tested same setup that I have and it works perfectly in Firefox. Just fails with IE8. That is with the Widget in both Gallery for In Memory, and in the Source for In Memory itself.

I can't leave it like that, as most my classmates have IE. However, when I am not quite so busy at my Day Job, I can test this setup on at least 3 or 4 of my other PCs for IE.

Hence, I don't believe it is situation 1 or 2 that listed.

Edited 10/27/10 5:50 PM
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 11:07 PM - Response #3

Brad, just a little followup. Tonight I turned back on the CC Player widget in the IN MEMORY section. I tested it on 4 of my other computers. Two of those 4 have IE8 as well as Firefox. Worked perfectly in Firefox, failed as seen earlier on all 4 IE8.

Is this something that might be fixed down the road, or when you can get a Programmer available? I could leave CC Widget turned on in IN MEMORY, but don't want to for very long. Let me know if you want it set up again and I will be happy to do so.

Perhaps you can replicate it there though, hopefully. Smile

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 11:34 PM - Response #4

Already replicated. Programmer will likely come up with a fix or at least an explanation of why it's happening.

Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 2:38 PM - Response #5

Kewl! I anxiously await. Let me know when I need to check functionality please. Very Happy

Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 3:00 PM - Response #6

You'll be the first to know.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at 8:38 PM - Response #7

Hi Brad,

Hate to bother, but do you expect any progress on this soon. Or is this something that will need back burnered for the new rewrite. I want both, so a little on the edge either way....LOL. Actually, I probably want the Alumni Page worse Confused

See all the stress you create by telling us all these really NEAT things coming....LOL. We're all like a bunch of kids can't wait to see what is under the Christmas tree. You shoulda just said one morning, Oh BTW, everything will look different tomorrow..............JUST KIDDING. Keep up the FANTASTIC work!

Edited 11/02/10 8:43 PM
Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at 9:37 PM - Response #8

I just chatted with the Programmer and all little glitches were worked out yesterday. Good to go here.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at 11:29 PM - Response #9

Brad Switzer wrote:

I just chatted with the Programmer and all little glitches were worked out yesterday. Good to go here.

Well, I just reloaded the PopUp Player onto my In Memory Page. It is still the same here....not working in IE8. Works fine in Firefox, same big screen in Internet Explorer 8 and no 'question' asking if I want to Play Music. Again, perfect in Firefox.

I will leave it configured that way for a little while this evening, in case you want to see. Actually, I will leave it in this mode until I come in early Wednesday. Sad

Edited 11/03/10 12:31 AM
Wednesday, November 3, 2010 at 8:32 PM - Response #10

Any thoughts Brad? I can put my In Memory page back to the conditons again when your programmer has opportunity to look at the issue that still remains.

Does it the same on several more of my PCs on IE8, but not Firefox.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 at 10:42 PM - Response #11

Derrell Pulis wrote:

Any thoughts Brad? I can put my In Memory page back to the conditons again when your programmer has opportunity to look at the issue that still remains.

Does it the same on several more of my PCs on IE8, but not Firefox.

OK Brad....What'd you do. It's WORKNG all of a sudden!!!!! Very Happy

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM - Response #12

We read your post, found the issue in the CSS, and fixed it. Pretty magical huh? Smile

Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 8:27 AM - Response #13

Well, it certainly is. Thank you Brad.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.