ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Playlist generator

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/23/17 04:54 PM Views: 2012 Replies: 15
Monday, October 23, 2017 at 4:54 PM

I just created a new play list of one song to be automatically played on the Home page. However the selection for an invisible MP3 player is not working.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 7:42 AM - Response #1

The Playlist Generator still uses Adobe Flash, so browsers have disabled it and force you to activate it before the Playlist player will work. If you see a message on your home page about Adobe Flash, click the link to activate it.

The playlist will not work on Apple products. They do not support Adobe Flash.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 9:14 AM - Response #2

Does that mean the invisible embed code option will not work anymore?

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 3:30 PM - Response #3

No, it just means that in order for the flash item to work, you would still need to activate it first in the browser.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 5:17 PM - Response #4

Then I still have a problem. When I copy the embed code onto the Home Page so that the music will play automatically but will be invisible, no music plays . I have done this many times and never had a problem before.
Thanks

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 9:35 PM - Response #5

Kyle, she is saying "However the selection for an invisible MP3 player is not working."

IOW, the music list is there and plays but it is not invisible. Just go to her Home Page and look

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 8:16 AM - Response #6

Bonnie,

Your music player that is currently active on your home page is called "Halloween2" and is at the bottom of the list on your Playlist Generator page. It is NOT marked as "INVISIBLE PLAYER: Adds the MP3 Player on the web page and player will be Invisible" and that is why it is not invisible.

When I clicked Save and Update, it didn't seem to modify the code on your home page, so I copied the embed code and replaced the code that was on your home page and it fixed the problem.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 8:29 AM - Response #7

Thanks for explaining it, Jack.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 8:52 AM - Response #8

Thank you but unfortunately the problem still exists. No music plays when the embed code for invisible is used. I tried another playlist that had worked fine in the past and that will not play as well. So there seems to be some problem with selecting invisible as the play option.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 11:45 AM - Response #9

Kyle Erickson wrote:

The Playlist Generator still uses Adobe Flash, so browsers have disabled it and force you to activate it before the Playlist player will work. If you see a message on your home page about Adobe Flash, click the link to activate it.
The playlist will not work on Apple products. They do not support Adobe Flash.

Bonnie, I think your latest question was already answered. The playlist generator is Flash based, and Flash is not supported by Apple products - and only partially supported by some browsers where you have to enable Flash (or in some cases like FireFox, where it can be set to ask if you want to play a Flash opject each time it finds one).

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 11:52 AM - Response #10

See Kyle's first reply. iPhone and iPad do not support Flash, so they will not play. If your laptop is an Apple product Safari may not support Flash either. Chrome and Firefox do, however, as Kyle noted, you have to give permission to have Flash run.

I made a music player that works on all devices. Let me verify the invisible option (not used often) and I'll explain more.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 11:57 AM - Response #11

OK, still works, just had not tested in a long time.

See this LINK for instructions. Select "Invisible" is you do not want it to show.

If you have uploaded the mp3 to your file vault, go there and get the link for your MP3. Any link works. You might want to test NOT invisible to verify. A visible player is also user friendly to give users the option to play or not play.

P.S. Also does videos or a mix of both MP3+ Videos.

Edited 10/25/17 11:58 AM
Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 3:17 PM - Response #12

Thank you to everyone who has responded. I eventually figured out the issue on my computer and now know I need to deactivate plug in block when I want music to play. I assume many of my classmates will have the same problem only they will never know whether music has been added or not. I have added music over time to many of my pages and am disappointed that they no longer play automatically when the page is opened. I imagine that many classmates use Google Chrome and/or Apple products. My bigger question is whether there will be any update to the system that will improve the functionality of the playlists. I am going to follow the link instructions that Jack sent and if I can get this to work will send instructions to my classmates.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 6:31 PM - Response #13

Mobile devices/software suppress autoplay because of unintentional bandwidth used (and paid for). That for sure is true for videos. Have not checked for audio, but good chance that is true there too. Meaning users have to click "play" to hear or see. Another good reason to make the music visible Wink

Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 10:51 AM - Response #14

Has this "Playlist generator not playing because Flash is no longer supported" issue been resolved? Perhaps with the CC website "new" formatting/updating? (a few years old actually, I just never had time to do this with our website - I hesitate now only because we have a reunion coming up & I don't want/have time to deal with any potential problems doing a total update/new format).

Anyone else still working in the old format that has a workaround or instructions to classmates for getting the Playlist Generator to play music on Apple devices/Chrome browser, etc.? Thank you!

Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 10:57 AM - Response #15

I'm going to give Jack V's suggestion a try for now. Thank you Jack!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.