ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Showing off the website AT the reunion

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/20/10 12:16 AM Views: 1600 Replies: 3
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Our forty-year reunion is this coming August 7th and I wanted to use the hall's projector to, among other things, show the classmate map from the website, and take some graphics from Google Analytics to show how interest in the site has grown since we went online.

I mentioned this to Brad and he suggested I post a new thread asking for ideas from the community on what screen shots/graphics/pages have worked for you in the past -- when showing at the reunion itself.

I will grab a couple screen from Analytics and post in a follow-up reply to get your feedback. Thanks.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 12:28 AM - Response #1

You might think about putting together a 'slide show' of screen captures rather than having the website up on the screen.

You could put it together in PowerPoint with large print captions. Even add an audio track describing the different features of the website.

Using screen shots would allow you to do some tight crops of different areas of the screen and resize them in PowerPoint.

CC recommended Jing to me for screen captures. Free version and Pro version. Easy to use and versions for Mac and Windows. Jing captures 'video clips' of your screen (think clicking on a push pin on the map and having the individual's photo pop up) or still images.

The same company that makes Jing also makes the software that Scott is using to make the CC videos (Camatasia Studio). Visit www.TechSmith.com 30 day free Trial version available. A little higher learning curve, but still doable.

Edited 07/20/10 9:01 AM
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 12:59 AM - Response #2

I have a 50th Reunion coming up in September. I plan to try below software link to make a 5-10 minute Show and Tell Video. You can actually automatically capture everything on your screen as you click the mouse, and also record (you'll need headset with microphone) you discussing each screen. Run it, record it, and you have a Show Off video.

I haven't decided just yet which main screens, but I want to catch all the interesting and exciting things to show them, including the stats.

http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 12:59 AM - Response #3

If you are on a mac all you need to do for screen capture is ”command>shift>3”
If you want to select a specific area for screen capture ”command>shift>4” you will see a cross hair mark. Drag the cross hires to select the area you desire. The screen shots will show up on your desk top. The nice thing is it is 72ppi .jpg file.
Classmate Jimmy Z

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.