ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Where is THIS school??

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/19/10 10:46 PM Views: 5988 Replies: 32
Monday, July 19, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Who can identify this building -- other than how it's used by CC on their home page?

I'm looking for the name of the real school and it's location.

It's architecture is certainly unique and I'm curious how much "photoshopping" was done to the image.

Brad and other CC staff are not eligible to guess. BTW, I don't know the name or the place.

Edited 07/20/10 10:33 AM
Monday, July 19, 2010 at 11:28 PM - Response #1

If any "photoshopping" was done, more could have been done to correct the perspective.
Classmate Jimmy Z

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 11:36 PM - Response #2

Jim Zeman wrote:

If any "photoshopping" was done, more could have been done to correct the perspective.
Classmate Jimmy Z

Does look better, Jimmy. ($19.99 Brad) Laughing

Edited 07/19/10 11:36 PM
Monday, July 19, 2010 at 11:39 PM - Response #3

My "educated" guess would be either the school which Mr. Switzer attended or the school which is in Ann Arbor MI (HQ for CC). The photographer may have been a bit imbibed or just didn't understand parallax and the part it plays with multiple concave & convex lenses.

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 11:40 PM - Response #4

Yes! Just 5 minutes is worth $1,000.00. Ha, Ha
Jimmy

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 11:42 PM - Response #5

John,

That looks better, but now you have cut off the right side of building and it almost has a circular effect. (_I'd deduct at least $1,010 Brad._)Cool

If this goes much further, I'll have to start charging a "commission" for all this advice!Razz

Edited 07/19/10 11:44 PM
Monday, July 19, 2010 at 11:47 PM - Response #6

Just think, now that school is out, the children shall play and no one is watching out for those on the playground. This is what happens when Brad and company are trying to have some family time isn't it guys?Very HappySmileSurprisedShockedCoolTwisted EvilTwisted Evil

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 12:04 AM - Response #7

Any more of this and I'm going to post the original Photoshop file for this top scene and make you perspective guys fix it. Smile This top scene has a weird history, long story short I was hanging out at a children's water park with Famous Dave, the guy who founded the Famous Dave's bbq restaurants, and his graphic design guy happened to be there, and he whipped this thing up to replace the current top scene at that time, which I doubt any of you have ever seen, and it's been that way ever since. And after all this time NOW you tell me the perspective is off??? Geez what'll it be next?

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 12:07 AM - Response #8

John Christman wrote:

...but now you have cut off the right side of building...

That's the nature of PS perspective control. You lose pixels on the top left and right as you stretch the image. But you knew that John. I already gave Brad the discount in the $19.99. Laughing

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 12:17 AM - Response #9

Apparently Brad doesn't know about the Internet "Wayback Machine"

Class Creator - 2007

Peace!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 12:25 AM - Response #10

Brad Switzer wrote:

And after all this time NOW you tell me the perspective is off??? Geez what'll it be next?

Well, now that you've asked (you probably never will again, though), that photo of yourself has one thing wrong! Your head is tilted to the left. Should be to the Right!!! Yeah, I'm serious. Just look at John Chidester. Even Scott has his to the right.

As a once professional wedding photographer that little trick sold more photographs than you can imagine. Has something to do with ******** (I'd better not spill the beans, paid a lot of money for that course).Razz

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 12:30 AM - Response #11

John Chidester wrote:

Apparently Brad doesn't know about the Internet "Wayback Machine"

Class Creator - 2007

Peace!

GOOD ONE, JOHN, I love it!. Just think we could create a FREE website with that little bit of trivia dribble.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 1:33 AM - Response #12

John Christman wrote:

...that photo of yourself has one thing wrong! Your head is tilted to the left. Should be to the Right!!! Yeah, I'm serious. Just look at John Chidester. Even Scott has his to the right...

John, did you know I took that photo of Brad? ($0.00 Priceless) Rolling Eyes

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 1:41 AM - Response #13

John--no I didn't. However, it's still Brad's HEAD and he should have it tilted. Hey, you're the PS wizard. That's your next project--lift his head off his neck and tilt it to the right. Or if you're lazy, you could just tilt the photo itself about 10-12 degrees to the right, re-frame it and no one would be the wiser!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 3:13 AM - Response #14

John Christman wrote:

...it's still Brad's HEAD and he should have it tilted...

I went back to the original photo and recropped it a bit. Dialed in 10 degrees of clockwise tilt.

NOW you won't see any difference in the two photos except for the crop because Brad 'adopted' the new look!

Tilting the head: $0.00
"Losing" 10 pounds: $25.00
Result: Priceless

Edited 07/23/10 11:52 PM
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 3:38 AM - Response #15

Looks infinitely better, John. Wondering if you would extend your generous offer to me--the one about making that kind of offer (the money giveaway one). I first have to forewarn you, you may need to take out a loan in order to pay off.

With or without the monetary incentive--I'll just keep on with that project.

Time to get some shut-eye. I sure hope that everytime one of us "fools" posts a message that Brad's phone doesn't BEEP at him! Nite-Nite Brad--I won't bother you again for about six hours. Nite-Nite John and all those other 125 active users on line right now.ArrowArrow

Edited 07/20/10 3:40 AM
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 7:06 AM - Response #16

While many Admins read the forums daily, 9 out of 10 will never post a single thing here. There's your trivia for the day. Speaking of which, I'll be out all day today, so you two have fun. Oh, and thanks for the photo tweaks John. That actually does look better, I won't attempt to explain why though.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 8:54 AM - Response #17

John Christman wrote:

...Wondering if you would extend your generous offer to me--the one about making that kind of offer (the money giveaway one)...

Did I make a money giveaway offer??? Question Doesn't sound like ME.

Appreciate the banter and Brad's participation here. Hope he has a much-deserved day off with his family.

Now back to the real question: Where is THIS school?? Rolling Eyes

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 10:16 AM - Response #18

Just to let you know I do read the forums and I usually don't post. I think you guys are having too much fun!

Edited 07/20/10 9:08 PM
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 10:40 AM - Response #19

Razz It's what happens when a few 65+ geezers have too much time on their hands, Pat. We quickly get 'off-topic'

Congrats on post #2. Now keep posting! See we don't have anything real to say or ask, so we make up stuff.

(I run an online forum for lighthouse enthusiasts that I started in August 1996. My post count on that one is over 12,500.)

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 11:03 AM - Response #20

Great entertainment while working on reunion site

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 12:33 PM - Response #21

Patricia Fantin wrote:

I think you guys are having too much fun!

Patricia, This guy, and that "Old Geezer" sure could use a "Young Lady" who has done a real bang up job on her website, to come join us. Honestly, this group just have a blast every once in awhile. I truly believe it helps to keep what little sanity we have left.

Hey John, looks like Brad didn't tell the truth. He's online, he didn't take the day off like he said! Maybe he decided to use the photo "WE" fixed for him last night!!

Jimmie, what's holding you back? Haven't seen much of you lately. Yeah I know, you're in the throws of a Reunion. We'll see you more after it is over I hope. Loved your humor and fun last night. We gotta be careful of John Chidester though. BTW John, I'm a big fan of Lighthouse's. I need to talk with you more about that. Probably I should take that off line or Brad may shut us off.RazzRazzTwisted EvilArrowArrowHe still hasn't turned that arrow around....oo

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 4:57 PM - Response #22

Thanks John for the complements! That's an older picture on my first post, the picture on this one is even older(1987).
Not so "young" now. Rolling Eyes

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 5:20 PM - Response #23

Pat,

Either way one looks at it you are YOUNG. Now maintaing two websites may make you older for awhile.

Me vs. You Pat, you are definitely YOUNGER!

I spent a few moments (hours actually) reading over both of your websites. I'd like to "borrow" a few items if I may. OOPS! wrong site. all your pages are locked Confused

Edited 07/20/10 5:25 PM
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 5:30 PM - Response #24

I actually have 3 websites. Borrow away, some of it is borrowed from others. The walking eagle for example. You'll notice the sites have a bit of duplication (only way to make it work for me and stay sane. Twelve of my classmates from St Peter also went to Our Lady of Good Counsel, so they are stuck. Also have 3 working reunions two in Sept,18th and 25th and one in Oct 9-11. At least I get one weekend off. IF you sent me an email I'll add you as guest so you can see it all.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 6:37 PM - Response #25

John Chidester wrote:

Razz It's what happens when a few 65+ geezers have too much time on their hands, Pat. We quickly get 'off-topic'

Congrats on post #2. Now keep posting! See we don't have anything real to say or ask, so we make up stuff.

(I run an online forum for lighthouse enthusiasts that I started in August 1996. My post count on that one is over 12,500.)

What out who you call a geezer???? I'm a 60+ Hot Mama...well..use to be hot mama. And I luvvvvv my puter..and all the goofiness that goes with it. And all you ole farts out there in puter land!!!!!

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 7:07 PM - Response #26

Well said "Hot Mama"!

ROTFLMAO

Edited 07/23/10 7:09 PM
Friday, July 23, 2010 at 7:54 PM - Response #27

Anybody remember the original question here? Confused

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 9:01 PM - Response #28

John Chidester wrote:

John, Sounds like you've been a moderator on Yahoo Groups too long! Time to change the subject line?

So what John is asking every one--"Does anyone know where this school is?

For those that enjoyed the entertainment the other night--well stick around, I'm sure in a few days, one or both of us will be back at soon. John, sure do hope someone will be able to answer your question.RazzRazz

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 9:01 PM - Response #29

John Chidester wrote:

NOPE!!!!!! Post it again..Johnnie C.!!!!!!Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilRolling EyesRolling EyesRolling EyesRolling Eyes

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 11:36 AM - Response #30

It appears to be the old Charleston High, in Charleston WV.
The school was torn down 22yrs. ago, and is now part of Charleston Area Medical Center.

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 12:01 PM - Response #31

The original image had a Canadian flag in front.

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 12:05 PM - Response #32

Brad Switzer wrote:

The original image had a Canadian flag in front.

No wonder I couldn't find it Googling "Charleston WV High School"!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.