ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

changing PDF files to JPG

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/28/09 01:19 PM Views: 1661 Replies: 13
Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Hi
A classmate sent me a picture to put on her profile, but, sent it PDF... How do I change it to jpg, so I use Irfanview to resize it.

Thank you, Lynda

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 3:56 PM - Response #1

If you install this Irfanview plugin, you can actually open the PDF file right in Irfanview itself, and then save the file as a JPG.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 5:34 PM - Response #2

Brad,
I went to the link you provided and downloaded #1 on that page... Went back to Irfanview, tried to open the pdf. picture and got a message that I need ghostscript download. When I try to find that download, I either have to pay or buy something from one of several offered businesses.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 5:56 PM - Response #3

Yea? Well that wasn't very nice of them. Here, try this. I haven't tried this myself so let me know your experience. If nothing else email the pdf to brad@classcreator.com, I'll open it in Photoshop, save it as a JPG and email it back to you.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 6:50 PM - Response #4

Hi Lynda....

I also have a program (pdf2image) that converts .pdf files to either .jpg, .bmp, .png, .gif or .tiff file formats. I'll be happy to help anyone who needs it.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 10:33 AM - Response #5

Brad,

I am reading the thread.I have a classmate who sent me his art work in pdf form. Can you convert them to Jpeg for me so I can put them in our artist corner? Or do you know of a free program that will convert them? There are 9 files.

Thanks,

Becky Helms
www.rockhill66.com

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 10:34 AM - Response #6

Doug, see my request to Brad in case you can help me. Becky

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 10:46 AM - Response #7

PDF reader can be used to create an image copy. Go to View Mode and then drag select the complete picture. This copies it to the clipboard.

Now open an image editor and select Paste as New Image or something similar for whatever Image editor you are using.

Before you do this, set the display size to the size you want since the copy is going to be that size (more or less).

Becky Helms wrote:

Brad,

I am reading the thread.I have a classmate who sent me his art work in pdf form. Can you convert them to Jpeg for me so I can put them in our artist corner? Or do you know of a free program that will convert them? There are 9 files.

Thanks,

Becky Helms
www.rockhill66.com

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 1:34 PM - Response #8

Jack, thanks. But how do I get the PDF reader? Not sure how to get started. Please advise. Becky

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 1:34 PM - Response #9

Jack, thanks. But how do I get the PDF reader? Not sure how to get started. Please advise. Becky

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 1:45 PM - Response #10

Pretty sure you already have it installed since you can read PDF files Wink

Follow this LINK just in case.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 3:14 PM - Response #11

I stalled Adobe..I wish I were more adept and faster at this. I had to take a snap shot to get the first image converted to JPEG. This may take all day! Thanks for your help. At least I have an option.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 5:11 PM - Response #12

Press F9 if you don't have menu on the top of Adode Reader. I don't remember what the default is.

When you open the PDF select Edit from the menu that shows. Click on take a Snapshot in Edit.

Now press the Left Mouse button and start dragging from the upper left to the right. Keep dragging down till you have the whole image. Page will scroll if you get to the bottom. Just keep dragging. You get sort of a bluish rectangle that is covering the image as you drag.

Let go of the left mouse button. The image you have selected is now in the clipboard and can be pasted in an image editor as a new image.

Just play with it, you can't break it Cool

Don't remember the default view, so you might have to get it to display correctly. Probably not, just making a note here.

Edited 05/27/14 5:11 PM
Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 6:32 PM - Response #13

I use this site all the time for a wide variety of conversions. No downloads and it's free.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.