ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Emails bouncing

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/28/09 12:02 PM Views: 1207 Replies: 3
Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I keep having large amounts of emails bouncing, including to my own email address, which is working fine, so I am not sure why it's bouncing. Today I had 24 emails bounce. Each time the list of emails that bounce seem slightly different. Any ideas? Why would my own bounce that I use all of the time on the site and between people directly?

Thanks so much,
Aimee

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 12:24 PM - Response #1

Somewhat related....if you get a bounceback on your welcome e-mail and you fix the e-mail address, will they get the welcome e-mail again automatically?

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 12:52 PM - Response #2

Hi Aimee,

A bunch of the ones listed in your admin were actually just warnings of delayed delivery from AOL - they were not regular bouncebacks. I ran a filter on the warnings to clear up the account so the only ones left are the actual bounces.

You are using a forwarding address on your email - where does that forward to - you can email me at info@classcreator.com if you don't want to post it in the forums. I just need to know where it was trying to forward becuase it looks like the forwarding attempt did not get through on the first try and it was going to try again.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 12:54 PM - Response #3

Barbara,

No it does not automatically send the welcome email again. You would need to go to their name on the member list and send them a welcome message again after the email address was corrected.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.