ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile Updates Module

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 03/09/09 06:08 PM Views: 1431 Replies: 6
Monday, March 9, 2009 at 6:08 PM

When a profile name is too long, you truncate the name with "..." and the rest of the name isn't visible.

Suggestion: When you truncate the name, put the full name in the MOUSE OVER / Alternate Text. This way, when someone hovers over the name, the full name will be displayed. In fact, it doesn't have to be only when the "..." is shown, the MouseOver Text can be all the time.

UPDATED: This MouseOver text is happening on the Upcoming Birthdays, but doesn't seem to happen on the Profile Updates

Edited 03/09/09 6:23 PM
Monday, March 9, 2009 at 6:23 PM - Response #1

Thanks. Makes good sense!

Edited 03/09/09 6:26 PM
Monday, March 9, 2009 at 6:24 PM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

Thanks. Makes good sense if a name is truncated. If a name is not truncated, I personally think a popup showing the same name you're already looking at would be more annoying than anything else. Just my opinion. Smile But yea, on truncated names I think it makes very good sense, will add this, thank you.

This MouseOver text is happening on the Upcoming Birthdays (EVEN IF IT IS NOT TRUNCATED), but doesn't seem to happen on the Profile Updates

Monday, March 9, 2009 at 6:27 PM - Response #3

Yep, we'll do the same thing on the Profile Updates box. I was changing my response but you're so quick you got your next response entered before my first response was changed. Smile I realized there's a delay before the alt popup, so it's really not annoying having it on all of the names. You really have to stop on a name for a second to see the popup -- I'm good with having it apply to everything.

Edited 03/09/09 6:28 PM
Monday, March 9, 2009 at 6:29 PM - Response #4

It's a slow day at work!!!

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 7:58 PM - Response #5

Kyle Erickson wrote:

When a profile name is too long, you truncate the name with "..." and the rest of the name isn't visible.

Suggestion: When you truncate the name, put the full name in the MOUSE OVER / Alternate Text. This way, when someone hovers over the name, the full name will be displayed. In fact, it doesn't have to be only when the "..." is shown, the MouseOver Text can be all the time.

UPDATED: This MouseOver text is happening on the Upcoming Birthdays, but doesn't seem to happen on the Profile Updates

When doing a Classmate Profiles, viewing classmate photos, for a really long name, there is no mouse-over text. The name gets truncated on this page, but on the page where not viewing the photos, the name is not truncated.

Monday, April 6, 2009 at 12:07 AM - Response #6

Kyle,

The name is truncated on when displaying yearbook photos is displayed because there are 3 columns and less room than when the classmate list w/o photos is displayed as 2 columns.

I've added the full name 'hint' to the links when viewing with photos.

Dave

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.