ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 10/25/12 07:24 AM Views: 1474 Replies: 5
Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 7:24 AM

I am looking for a way to take out the log in process for our website. The reason is to have the website available for any year class from our school.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 8:08 AM - Response #1

Yes,

Go to Edit Site Pages, Edit HOME PAGE. Deactivate the LOGIN section of the Home Page. When the LOGIN section is gone, that also deactivates the right-side modules, too.

Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 8:28 AM - Response #2

Although Kyle has provided you with the MECHANICS of how to do this, I would recommend re-thinking it. By doing this you also remove some of the privacy of your classmates that may be provided by requiring login. Just a suggestion. You could leave the loginb and allow classmates from other years to register as Guests.

Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 8:50 AM - Response #3

If you dont require login - how does the site know that you are admin - does that open up admin functions to anyone on the site?

Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 9:54 AM - Response #4

even though login isn't required on the website, there would still be a LINK that he would use when he wanted to login to do admin stuff. However he would need to bookmark the link or remember it because the link would not show up on the website to be clicked on (unless he put the login link somewhere on his website in a different place)

Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 12:35 PM - Response #5

Hi Paul,

Many of us have sites for our schools. I would definitely reconsider this. There are days I receive several requests from alumni to join and every now and then a class gives me their class list to upload.

Any questions... feel free to post them. We bounce thoughts, ideas and and share... including suggestions Wink here.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.