ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Setting up paypal

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/22/08 06:09 PM Views: 1358 Replies: 3
Friday, August 22, 2008 at 6:09 PM

I have a unique situation. My class reunion will be next summer, July 2009. In the meantime, our class will be performing the homecoming assembly at the high school in a couple of weeks. After the assembly we are having a luncheon, and I want classmates to be able to pay using paypal.

Is there a way to set up a customized link labeled ASSEMBLY INFO where they can see the info and link to paypal without using the reunion planner option?

Also, I have some questions about setting up a paypal business account. What address and email do I use? My own? I have a business bank account set up in the name of our class with a routing # and account #. Do I need anything more? I played around a little with setting up the paypal link and there were so many choices about what kinds and types I'm confused!

Thanks for your help!

Natalie Lake

Friday, August 22, 2008 at 10:59 PM - Response #1

Natalie Lake wrote:

I have a unique situation. My class reunion will be next summer, July 2009. In the meantime, our class will be performing the homecoming assembly at the high school in a couple of weeks. After the assembly we are having a luncheon, and I want classmates to be able to pay using paypal.

Is there a way to set up a customized link labeled ASSEMBLY INFO where they can see the info and link to paypal without using the reunion planner option?

Also, I have some questions about setting up a paypal business account. What address and email do I use? My own? I have a business bank account set up in the name of our class with a routing # and account #. Do I need anything more? I played around a little with setting up the paypal link and there were so many choices about what kinds and types I'm confused!

Thanks for your help!

Natalie Lake

1) Yes. Simply log into your PayPal account and click on the "Buy Now Button" feature. Generate your code for your Buy Now button. Then in your web site create a customizable link, give it a name, write all the content you want, and at the bottom of your content click on the "Source" button on your editor and paste your button code. Voila, people can now pay you via PayPal.

2) Yes, you would use your own address, or business address if you have one. You can then tie your account to your bank account with the routing #, which will allow you to transfer your PayPal funds right into your bank account.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 11:31 AM - Response #2

I have paypal but the classmate can't get it to work at their end. How can I help?

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 9:45 PM - Response #3

I need to know what "can't get it to work" means. Can't get it to work where? What specificaly is going wrong, and when?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.