ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

check box for profile photos

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/30/10 10:18 PM Views: 1375 Replies: 5
Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Perhaps I've missed it - I'm new here and there is tons of stuff to read (thank you!) but is it possible to permanently check the "show profile photo" box on the home page? Or if that's not possible, how about making the check box bigger, brighter, or just more visable to some of us who need bifocals to read anything!!!

Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 10:43 PM - Response #1

Do you mean the Classmate Profiles page and not the home page? If so no, it's not a checkbox we want to have on by default for 100% of the people. That page is the heaviest hit page on the entire system, and some Classes have hundreds of Classmates in there. In fact some have thousands. If photos loaded all the time for everyone it would be a massive drain on the system. The font size there is just the default font size, although I certainly hear ya about the bifocals comment. Try increasing your default font size on your computer itself, your web browser itself, or increase your screen magnification to something larger than 100%. Any of those 3 things will allow you to view fonts at a larger size.

Monday, May 31, 2010 at 4:27 PM - Response #2

Yep, you are 100% correct. Classmate Profiles! (You're really good - knowing what I mean is sometimes difficult even for me!) And yes, those solutions would work on my computer, but not the web site. I've had several people tell me they didn't know they could view the profile photos - and never noticed the check box. While I understand not having every site display every photo, could the check box become more prominent by request? Add a big red arrow? After all, our web site is geared toward our 50th class reunion......and that's a lot of bifocals!! Thanks for a great tool for those of us who weren't there the day they asked for volunteers to put together a web site. It's been pretty easy for a non-computer person to muddle through.

Monday, September 20, 2010 at 3:20 PM - Response #3

I agree that the SHOW YEARBOOK PHOTO should be more prominately. It has been amazing how many folks dont see it till I tell them about it.

Monday, June 27, 2011 at 7:54 AM - Response #4

I know I'm a little late to the conversation but... I ran into the same problem. No one seemed to notice the checkbox for viewing the yearbook pictures. I added this graphic to our announcements...

Monday, June 27, 2011 at 9:32 AM - Response #5

Charlie Taylor wrote:

I agree that the SHOW YEARBOOK PHOTO should be more prominately. It has been amazing how many folks dont see it till I tell them about it.

Some months back, Brad noted that delivering all those photos to someone's browser took a lot of CPU time on the servers. That is the reason we Admins don't have a setting to make that happen ALL the time. But the announcement approach to letting our members know it's there is a good one. Thanks.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.