ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Changing a record forces a save

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/13/11 12:51 AM Views: 1148 Replies: 5
Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Is there any way to force a question like "do you want to save your changes" if you try to exit a record using the link on the upper right "return to class list" and you've made a change? Maybe this is a future thing, but this sure would help avoid losing information. Thanks

Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 1:16 AM - Response #1

Hmmm. I'll run this past programming, but the page itself has no awareness of a change until the Save button is pressed. It's possible the system could compare the new page to the old page to see if there was a change, but I'd think it would have to compare every single character in every single field. Maybe there's a JavaScript way to do this where if a single field changes a "save" flag is turned on which could be checked for when clicking the text link. I

Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 1:39 AM - Response #2

I'm pretty sure the client-side approach using javascript is the way to go - I seem to remember doing that sort of thing with Javascript a few years ago for some form stuff I programmed. That would be good - yea, each page being stateless is kind of a drag with data input like this. Thanks

Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 6:14 PM - Response #3

Added to Task List

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 5:44 PM - Response #4

Joe,

Your suggestion has been noted for future consideration, however, due to other large projects in the queue, it will not be addressed in the current project load.

Thanks
Scott

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 7:11 PM - Response #5

That's fine - I was keeping a list of other suggestions, probably most of them based on needs for our multi-year site and handling over 25,000 records, but I misplaced that list - when I get it I'll post it on the forum somewhere. Thank you

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.