Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Unwanted Birthday Emails

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/22/11 11:17 PM Views: 1573 Replies: 14
Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Dear CC,

I have checked this members "profile subscriptions"
under "membership functions" in the year 1988, and she only has one (herself) selected.

I'm stumped! Am I missing something????
Please advise on how to stop the unwanted emails. Is this a glitch? No one else has complained so far.

Her email follows:

I have clicked to unsubscribe many times but continue receiving all those blasted birthday announcements. They are cluttering up my email. PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE ME. I do not mind receiving other email but please, no more birthday bulletins!

Thanks, Larry

P.S. the name is Vergie Anderson.
P.S. 2 Perhaps I am mistaken. Am I viewing "her", "Subscribed" classmates or my own? Is there a way to view who she has subscribed to? I think this is the root of the problem. She is un-knowingly subscribing to a long list of alumni by mistake.
alumni or am I viewing my own?

Edited 01/23/11 12:04 AM
Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 1:22 AM - Response #1

Larry,

YOU cannot check who the member is subscribed to see, so I logged in as her and saw that she is subscribed to ALL of your classmates. To stop the messages, she needs to go to PROFILE SUBSCRIPTIONS and only select those classmates that she truly wants to get e-mails about.

Kyle

Monday, February 20, 2012 at 11:48 AM - Response #2

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Larry,

YOU cannot check who the member is subscribed to see, so I logged in as her and saw that she is subscribed to ALL of your classmates. To stop the messages, she needs to go to PROFILE SUBSCRIPTIONS and only select those classmates that she truly wants to get e-mails about.

Kyle

Kyle, I need to relay the procedure to turn off all the birthday notifications that a classmate is receiving. I read above that you need to go to PROFILE SUBSCRIPTIONS and make your changes. I tried to go thru the motions on my profile to see how it works, and I do not have PROFILE SUBSCRIPTIONS listed anywhere on my profile page. Can you help.

Monday, February 20, 2012 at 12:43 PM - Response #3

Vicky,

Under MEMBER FUNCTIONS, left-side menus:
MEMBER FUNCTIONS

Message Center
Edit Contact Info
Edit Profile
Edit/Upload Photos
Post Announcement
Profile Subscription
Change Password
Log Out

It is between "Post Announcement" and "Change Password"

Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 7:46 PM - Response #4

I do not see profile subscription on my member function list. I see all the others you listed, but that one is not there. I have not been getting the birthday notifications and heard one of the other administrators talking about them. I didn't realize they existed.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 7:50 PM - Response #5

Earlier this year, (after I posted the above comment), the Profile Subscriptions page was changed to NOTIFY ME. It is the top menu choice in the Member Functions section.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 7:56 AM - Response #6

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Earlier this year, (after I posted the above comment), the Profile Subscriptions page was changed to NOTIFY ME. It is the top menu choice in the Member Functions section.

I have a problem with 1 of my 3 websites. On 2 of them I see the Profile Subscriptions section in Notify Me without a problem. My 3rd site ( www.pelicanresortownersgroup.com ) has my largest number of registered members and that section does not display at all. Could this be a volume issue? How can I get it to display? I have one member asking about stopping birthday messages and I cannot direct him.

Edited 09/20/12 7:58 AM
Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 8:56 AM - Response #7

You don't have an active "Classmate Profiles" page (or in your case, "Owner Profiles"). As soon as you activate that page, you will see the bottom section for PROFILE SUBSCRIPTIONS.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 9:23 AM - Response #8

OK. So I am a little puzzled. I purposefully did not turn on profiles for several reasons, one of them being the size of the list. They've been turned off since inception in 2009. I do send them to the Missing list if they are new and wish to register.

So, if Profiles is not turned on, a new registration does not get the profile subscription section in the new Notify Me path. I'm not sure if they got it in the "pre-Notify-Me" path. However, I have a situation with a member who is apparently receiving birthday announcements and he does not want them any longer. Perhaps he (and others?) had the subscription option before and made some selections? This member joined in 2010.

I am in a Catch-22. How can I either allow him to turn off all subscriptions or turn them off for him - without turning on Profiles for everyone? Is there a way you can check to see if he does, indeed, have subscriptions?

Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 11:51 AM - Response #9

This has been referred to programming for review.

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 10:09 AM - Response #10

this should now be fixed

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 10:47 AM - Response #11

Can you tell me what was changed or how it was fixed? I still do not see the subscriptions section in Notify Me. Thanks.

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 10:50 AM - Response #12

If anyone has active Profile Subscriptions, then they will be able to see that and modify it on the Notify Me page. If you are not subscribed to any profiles, then you won't see that section on the Notify Me page.

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 10:50 AM - Response #13

If you have "Classmate Profiles" active, you will see that section in the NOTIFY ME page (not changed - this is how it worked before)

If you also have any of the Profile Subscriptions, you will also see that section in the NOTIFY ME page. So if one of your classmates has a profile subscription, they will see the Profile Subscriptions section so that they can subscribe or unsubscribe from e-mails. (this is what changed)

Friday, September 21, 2012 at 1:23 PM - Response #14

Great! Thanks. I have instructed him on how to remove Birthday emails.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.