ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

E-mail notice on new members

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/27/09 11:47 PM Views: 1259 Replies: 5
Monday, April 27, 2009 at 11:47 PM

I use to get e-mails every time someone joined our site or changed something on their profile and now all the sudden I'm not getting any at all. The only way I know is if I go on to our site and check. I haven't changed any of my settings or anything. Do you know why this happened? Confused

Yvette

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 1:18 AM - Response #1

First I checked to see if you had accidentally unsubscribed from receiving emails (which you can do from the bottom of any email). Nope, that wasn't it. So that leaves 2 possibilities:

1) Your emails are being treated as junk email by your own email software. Make sure you whitelist postmaster@classcreator.net.

2) Yahoo may be blocking you from receiving emails from postmaster@classcreator.net for some reason. If you are sure #1 is nut the culprit, please ask Yahoo if they are blocking your email from us at a higher level.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 12:23 PM - Response #2

Thank you, I will try those two things.

Yvette

Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 2:12 PM - Response #3

If I go into my spam section of my e-mail options, there is a big list of sites that have been blocked on it. ClassCreator is not on there for me to take off from being blocked. I have tried to communicate with yahoo concerning this and they are not being helpful. They keep refering me to the yahoo help questions and I can't find what I am looking for in there. This is so frustrating. I haven't changed anything on my class site or my yahoo and all of the sudden I am not getting any email notifications from my site on new profiles, profile changes or anything. I am still getting e-mail notifications from the forum though. Do you have any other ideas! Please help, I have been at this for hours. Confused

Yvette

Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 3:17 PM - Response #4

Unfortunately all our system can do is send an email. Your emails are all going out just fine. I'm convinced that for whatever reason Yahoo is blocking emails from postmaster@classcreator.net that are being sent to your account. I don't think it's a global thing, as I've not heard from any other Yahoo email users with this same problem. Nonetheless, something in your account is treating the mail as spam and I suspect this is the reason why you're not receiving the email. Your two options now are:

1) Continue trying to get Yahoo to give you an answer. I'm not entirely surprised you're having trouble getting them to answer something like this. If you can get them to answer though, I bet you'll find that I'm right.

2) Simply use a different email address. If you need another free site just open a hotmail or gmail account.

Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 5:28 PM - Response #5

Thank you, I appreciate the help.Very Happy

Yvette

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.