ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

checking amount of used storage space

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/12/09 04:53 PM Views: 1511 Replies: 5
Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Hello
I cannot seem to find where I might check to see how much storage space of the 200mb allowed we have used.
Could someone help?
Thanks
Bob C

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 4:59 PM - Response #1

When you click on the IMAGE button of a content window, you will see a BROWSE button. Right above that, you will see a message similar to this:

Currently storing 6.62 MB of available 200 MB (at 3.31% capacity)

That will tell you how much space you have left.

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the reply Kyle.
But I'm still a little confused. Prior to uploading 20 photos from my hard drive, the file folder properties indicated about 37mb.
Now when I look at where I put the photos in ClassCreator, it shows 1.48mb of 200mb @ .074% capacity. Did ClassCreator automatically reduce the MB size? Assuming also that the amount of photos or video a classmate adds to their profile is also counted toward the total 200mb storage limit? If so,is there somewhere on the site that shows the total amount used, or checking anywhere you can click on an image button is in fact the total site sotrage usage.
Bob C

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 5:37 PM - Response #3

If I understand correctly, any of the 200mb you have for your site is NOT affected by any classmate-uploaded photos to their profile.

When you upload things through the IMAGE button, then ClassCreator will resize the photos (so yes, it reduced the image size). If you upload things (PDFs, documents, music, etc.) using the INSERT/EDIT LINK button, no reduction is done. You can also upload full-size images through the INSERT/EDIT LINK and no resize of the photo will happen.

There is only one File Vault on the system for your site. The same amount should be shown if you go to the UPLOAD page for IMAGE or the INSERT/EDIT LINK buttons.

If you approach the limit, Brad said you can go over the limit ONE TIME, then you will get a button where you can add more storage (I think it is in the SUBSCRIPTION area). That option doesn't appear until you need it.

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 5:51 PM - Response #4

Ok.
Thanks for getting back to me with that detailed information.
Bob C

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 11:39 PM - Response #5

Just confirming, Classmate photos are not counted at all in your 200 meg File Vault capacity.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.