ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmates logged in

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/29/08 05:07 PM Views: 1384 Replies: 10
Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Will there ever be a way you can see if other classmates are logged on when you are logged on and who it is that is logged on?

Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 9:00 PM - Response #1

Search these forums for "real time communication" and you'll see various threads about this out there.

We actually could show a box on the home page showing who's logged in right now. In fact it would take about 10 minutes. It would be optional of course, like all of the other home page boxes.

The only reason I hestiate to turn that on now is because the minute the Classmates who are logged in are displaying, next people are going to ask for a way to communicate with them. Instant messaging, live chat, etc., which is a whole different ballgame from just showing the names of who is online. And that type of communication won't arrive until well into '09 when we lauch the real time communication designs.

Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 9:45 PM - Response #2

We actually could show a box on the home page showing who's logged in right now. In fact it would take about 10 minutes. It would be optional of course, like all of the other home page boxes.

Brad
I can't wait for this to be turned on. Be assured I would not ask to chat/communicate with those who are logged on. I got no clue if classmates are visiting the site since messages are rare and our reunion isn't till 2010. Thanks!

Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 9:48 PM - Response #3

Ok, I just added it to Rick's tracker. When it's on and people then want to communicate with the logged in Classmates, I'm sending them to this forum thread so YOU can deal with 'em. He he he. Smile

Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 10:19 PM - Response #4

Can they handle a MICHIGAN defense ?

Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 11:00 PM - Response #5

until then (09) could we just use the message forum?

Edited 11/29/08 11:01 PM
Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 11:02 PM - Response #6

The new threaded forums? It would only show people actually visiting that part of your site, as opposed to any part of your site. A real mechanism would show more logged in Classmates.

Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 11:13 PM - Response #7

no. the "unthreaded" forum that is currently available. I had a threaded forum. No one used it.

Edited 11/29/08 11:13 PM
Sunday, November 30, 2008 at 3:05 AM - Response #8

The who's logged in module is on the task list. Our own threaded forums will be live system wide when beta is complete. At that time we'll also have some tips on how to set them up and make them successful.

Sunday, November 30, 2008 at 5:26 PM - Response #9

So do have it now where we can see which classmate is online because I would love to have that just to see who is online when you are.

Sunday, November 30, 2008 at 6:57 PM - Response #10

No. But it's on the Task List. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.