ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Right Side Margin

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/12/13 06:04 PM Views: 1105 Replies: 5
Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I noticed that the right side margin of the Spanish Fork HS Class of '81 which is associated with Kyle Erickson is replete with the photos of all the grads or students. Is this a feature all classes can have or is it reserved for special classes or members? How can we take advantage of this feature?

Edited 01/12/13 6:06 PM
Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 6:16 PM - Response #1

I explained how to do this in this forum post

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....4ED-AE1151B89A1F8A6C

Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 6:20 PM - Response #2

That's just a background image that is repeated. You can do this for any CC site. Yours is just blank now.

Select Change Colors from the left Admin menu.

Select Background Image and upload something from your system.

Kyle's image is 406 x 800 at 144kb in size.

If you have a larger image it tends to look nicer. The default resizes to 800 which can be a problem. To get it larger select 1920 to allow just about anything without CC tinkering with it. Just be cautious of how large it is in terms of download size. If you have an image editor not a problem to resample and get it smaller.

(Kyle posted, but what I explained is somewhat different)

Edited 01/12/13 6:22 PM
Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 6:49 PM - Response #3

Having seen Kyle's, I created a similar fill for my right side margin. I already had the free Picasa photo program downloaded and simply used it to create a collage with all the high school yearbook photos. I then did the Change Colors, Background Image thing and it's done.

Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM - Response #4

As a late comer,I did not set up our class website. I only have done various admin duties. Mostly duties working around other admin to allow them freedom to do their jobs without my interference. Creating, sizing and positioning the classmates photos will be no problem. I was not aware of the background formatting seeing I never even bothered to consult anyone. I will consider your information and determine if this photo background would be right for our class. Thanks for the update at my request.

Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM - Response #5

As a late comer, I did not set up our class website. I only have done various admin duties. Mostly duties working around other admin to allow them freedom to do their jobs without my interference. Creating, sizing and positioning the classmates photos will be no problem. I was not aware of the background formatting seeing I never even bothered to consult anyone. I will consider your information and determine if this photo background would be right for our class. Thanks for the update at my request.

Edited 01/12/13 9:40 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.