ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding profile question

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/06/10 09:52 PM Views: 1508 Replies: 8
Monday, September 6, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I'd like to ask a question, (such as can we use your email as the primary method to contact you?) but want the answer only visible to th administrator. Is that possbie?

Monday, September 6, 2010 at 10:23 PM - Response #1

Not with Profile Generator, no. Anything you add there is going to be visible to all Classmates. The best way to handle this is to use your Survey Maker and set the results to be viewable by Admins only.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 12:35 AM - Response #2

On this topic (almost) ~ I just added my first survey(s) ~ is there a way for me to have several CM view the surveys before letting the entire site see them?

Do I have to make these select few admins for a while (I am not wanting to have any other admins 'touching MY site' yet).

THX ~ Abe

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 8:31 AM - Response #3

Exactly, you can grant these select people admin rights during this process and only give them access to the Survey Maker under all the admin rights options. They will have very limited admin access this way.

Monday, June 27, 2011 at 2:41 PM - Response #4
raymond, connie faulk.jpg

I added questions to Profile Page, such as "did you marry your high school sweetheart", and it took it. It asks for answer to question #(whatever), how do you answer that? Also added "previous cities lived" how do you put an answer to that?

Monday, June 27, 2011 at 3:41 PM - Response #5

Connie,

How to use the Profile Generator is explained on the page, but basically, you need to ADD NEW QUESTION, like "Did you marry your..." Then you need to choose an answer type. For a YES/NO question, choose the YES/NO from the drop-down. If you want more details, choose the "TEXT (Single Line)". If you want an essay, choose the "Comment Box" from the drop-down. Then save the question with the UPDATE button.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 3:11 AM - Response #6

When I added my questions: Classmate T-shirt size, Maiden name, Form of registration, participating in talent show, etc. There was only a selection drop down for Maiden name to select how I wanted the answer to be (comment box, single text, etc. I am looking for a place where the classmates, when registering,can enter their Classmate T- shirt sizes, Extra T-shirt sizes, Plan to participate in Talent Show, Plan to participate in Fashion Show, Form of payment, etc. Need a place for the classmate when registering to answer the questions in a single text line. Thanks

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 9:35 AM - Response #7

Judith,

That is what the selection drop-down means - you choose what type of a question you are creating. If you choose "comment box", it is multiple lines of text that can be typed. If you choose "single line" then the classmate can only type about 80 characters. After you select an option from the drop-down and choose UPDATE, you will see that there is a comment box associated with that question.

Saturday, August 6, 2011 at 10:02 AM - Response #8

Thanks, I worked it out.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.