ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Member Wizard

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/29/08 11:44 AM Views: 1354 Replies: 4
Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 11:44 AM

Because I started our site, I had not really remembered what the member wizard did.

One of my classmates asked a question about it and I did not have the answer. So I went into it with another classmates name to see what was there.

It has to do with step 4 of 5... tracking members

See this Jing http://screencast.com/t/lWb2Z1Va7

When I went through the wizard at step three It also talks about classmates uploading their graduating photos, but that's what the admins do.

See this Jing http://screencast.com/t/8571TwhvKJi

Edited 11/29/08 11:46 AM
Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 12:03 PM - Response #1

It will be interesting to see what either Brad or one of his cohorts has to say but I think the option given to upload a then picture just puts it along with all the other photos in the same location, i.e. below the profile. I believe the "official" yearbook photo location is reserved for and accessible only by the administrator.

Edited 11/29/08 12:04 PM
Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 12:10 PM - Response #2

Good questions Ken. Here's the answers:

1) You are incorrect about married names not showing. They are. I suspect you looked at a name or names that have no married name in the system itself. Make sure you're looking at a name with both a maiden and married name in the system.

2) You can currently sign up for any classmate Profile from bottom of profile itself. A new "Profile Subscriptions" link is coming when Rick has a chance to get to this that will mimic Member Wizrad 4.

3) Our verbiage says exactly this: If you have a photo from the year you graduated it's a nice touch to upload it so your Classmates can see you "then" and "now." -- we're only suggesting people upload a picture from the year they graduated if they have one. We never suggested somebody upload their exact senior photo from their yearbook.

Edited 11/29/08 12:11 PM
Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 1:09 PM - Response #3

Brad Switzer wrote:

Good questions Ken. Here's the answers:

1) You are incorrect about married names not showing. They are. I suspect you looked at a name or names that have no married name in the system itself. Make sure you're looking at a name with both a maiden and married name in the system.

Ok I see why I did not notice.. all the other places the last names show like this "Abrams (Lichtman)" on this list, it shows "Abrams Lichtman"

Brad Switzer wrote:

2) You can currently sign up for any classmate Profile from bottom of profile itself. A new "Profile Subscriptions" link is coming when Rick has a chance to get to this that will mimic Member Wizrad 4.

Thanks that's great, It will be welcomed.

Brad Switzer wrote:

3) Our verbiage says exactly this: If you have a photo from the year you graduated it's a nice touch to upload it so your Classmates can see you "then" and "now." -- we're only suggesting people upload a picture from the year they graduated if they have one. We never suggested somebody upload their exact senior photo from their yearbook.

I understand however I know that some of my classmates did not and asked me why they could not get it small in the profile. Maybe you could add that the main profile photo from the yearbook (if available) will be uploaded by the admins.

Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 9:36 PM - Response #4

Interesting point Ken. I don't think the Member Wizard is the right place to add this though. Reason being, the goal in the Member Wizard is to simply get the Classmate on board. We want to keep everything there as simple as possible. Many Classmates won't have even looked at a Profile yet before signing up, so trying to explain how one photo is up at the top and small and only added by admins, while other photos are at the bottom and large and only added by Classmates, etc., will probably be very confusing to many new signupees.

Having said that, I do agree with you that this information should be posted somewhere, so what I did was add it to the bottom of the regular member's photo edit area. It's right under the "Save" button so it should be pretty visible for people. I never realized people were asking this question. Thanks for the dialogue here, I think this will be helpful.

Edited 11/29/08 9:36 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.