ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Military Information

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/10/10 03:05 PM Views: 1274 Replies: 5
Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Can provisions be added to the prfile for more military service information to disply like:

Rank

Divison

I have added by placing a comma after last name but once a profile is set then only an admistrator can change.

A shipmate ask me to check into this for the:

www.ussseattleaoe-3.org site.

My profile now has Pierce, GMG-3 Weapons in the last name field.

Thanks,
Ray

Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 3:15 PM - Response #1

[revised, will repost]

Edited 04/10/10 3:20 PM
Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 3:18 PM - Response #2

Thanks, I will do that now!

Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 3:21 PM - Response #3

Shipmates too can change what's in the name field. So they could actually change that. But I wouldn't do it that way anyway unless it's imperative that information display on the Shipmates Profiles page itself. Instead I'd click Profile Generator and add whatever fields and questions to Profiles that you'd like.

Another thing I'd recommend is having Classmates add this information to the "Branch" field. If they do that, when you hover over the flag on the Shipmate Profiles page this information will display. Since this won't necessarily be intuitive, you might want to send out a ship wide email and ask all Shipmates to add this information to the Branch field. And you should further let them know that all flags on the Shipmates Profiles page will reveal this information.

Finally, you might want to consider adding this same information to your New Shipmate Welcome email under your Preferences page. That way any newly joining shipmates will automatically be instructed on what you'd like them to do, and they'll understand the hover on the flags will reveal the info in the Branch field.

Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 7:47 PM - Response #4

Hello,
To Clarify:

If I want to offer the option of giving more complete information about their Military Service to my Classmates, what would I say in an All Class Email?

That they can enter their Rank, and Division in the 'Branch Field'?

Thank you, N

Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 7:54 PM - Response #5

It depends on what exact questions you decide to add to the Profiles using your Profile Generator feature. Anything you choose to add, then you could inform your class that those new questions are now available to answer. The important thing to tell them is that anything that "pops up" when hovering over the flag on the main Classmate Profiles page is determined by what they enter in the "Branch" field. All info in that field is put into the little popup that shows when you put your mouse pointer over the flag.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.