ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Backgrounds

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/26/10 11:05 AM Views: 1555 Replies: 6
Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 11:05 AM

If you put a decorative background on the home page, is there a way to have a different background on the other pages?

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 4:29 PM - Response #1

Good question. Before there was a background image feature in Class Creator people routinely added backgrounds to single pages using a little snippet of code. It's really quite simple. First what you'll want to do is remove the whole site background you already have. And then read this thread for information about how to add JavaScript background images of your choice. In the thread the exact code is provided you can use to place specific background images on individual site pages.

Monday, November 1, 2010 at 10:27 AM - Response #2

Thank you Brad. It worked perfectly and gave the individual backgrounds that I wanted.
Now a new problem. I have read the threads and tried several ways and still cannot get the falling objects to work. One place didn't do anything and then the last place I tried, page plugins, just has the leaves falling in a single row. They fall correctly on the edit page, but not after I save it.
Please help.
Frances

Monday, November 1, 2010 at 10:44 AM - Response #3

The MARQUEE-type falling objects isn't one we support on ClassCreators.com and we don't recommend it either. It can cause problems like covering up the login area and then your classmates cannot log in to the website. If you want falling objects, please see this forum....

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....5CC-E32714E90B03A63F

There is currently a problem with the CODES displaying in the forum. I am having programmers take a look at it.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at 5:09 PM - Response #4
FallingLeavesScript.txt

I have attached the falling leaves script I use on my website. It works with Instant Message turned on and in both FireFox and Internet Explorer.

Inserting code directly into the forums doesn't seem to work correctly anymore.

Monday, November 29, 2010 at 3:52 PM - Response #5

Kyle or Brad, I don't understand why, but I can't seem to change my homepage background like I had it for Halloween, then Thanksgiving. Everything worked perfectly before, but I just can't seem to do it again. Can you look on my source page of the homepage and see what I have done wrong?
Thank you,
Frances

Monday, November 29, 2010 at 4:20 PM - Response #6

Go to CHANGE COLORS and search for this section:
Upload a background image to fill unused portions of the screen if desired:

Click BROWSE and select the background you want.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.