ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

I need help adding photos to the customizable pages

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/17/09 11:27 PM Views: 1433 Replies: 3
Saturday, January 17, 2009 at 11:27 PM

I have tried and tried to figure this out on my own but I am not getting it.

This is what I'm doing. I go to edit pages, then click to edit the customizable page 3. From there I click on the image button that is next to the source button. A popup window opens and that screen has a browse button to find the file, so I find the file, then click the button that says send to server, but nothing happens. When I try clicking on ok at the bottom a message pops up that says enter url. I am so confused. And I am in now way html literate, so maybe that is my problem. I need step by step instructions on how to do this.

Thank you!

Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 2:50 AM - Response #1

You're doing everything right, you're just not waiting long enough. I suspect you're trying to upload an extremely large file. Or it's possible due to the large file size your connection is timing out, or our system is timing out.

There's a pretty simple solution to this: Resize your image to 1,000 pixels wide before uploading. If you need a good free image resizing tool, get Irfanview from www.irfanview.com. Size your image to 1,000 pixels wide, save as JPG, then try uploading again.

Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 11:12 AM - Response #2

Thanks Brad. I wasn't waiting long enough. I guess I expected them to upload immediately....i'm impatient.

Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 12:55 PM - Response #3

As Brad said, resizing really helps, and you'll find then your photos take only seconds to upload. If loading a larger one, however, what I do now is just walk away from the computer and do something else (otherwise, it's like that "watched pot" that never boils). When I come back in 5 minutes, my photo is loaded.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.