ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Can Profiles Be Downloaded?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/10/10 09:48 AM Views: 1329 Replies: 2
Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Is there a way to download profiles (with or without photos) to a Word or PDF file to create a reunion booklet? If there's not there ought to be.

Edited 04/10/10 10:20 AM
Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 9:54 AM - Response #1

The Reunion booklet enhancement is already on the task list. It is behind some other upcoming features.

Edited 04/20/10 3:58 PM
Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 3:41 PM - Response #2

John,

As Kyle said, there's now a button on the Manage Classmates page to download the profiles. What worked best for me was to use the CSV format. I only selected the fields I wanted to show on each page.

I created a Word document template for the classmate profile page and then set up a mail merge to create each individual page. It worked really well, and saved a ton of time. The only problem is getting the class photo on the page. I had to manually create a field in the table to hold the file name for each picture, then cerate a merge field for that column. You can set up filters to only create pages for classmates who have updated their profile by checking the 'Last Updated' field.

I was also able to use this same technique and Microsoft Publisher to make nametags for everyone that includes their high school photo.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.