ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Inactive Survey

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/11/13 10:39 PM Views: 1026 Replies: 2
Monday, November 11, 2013 at 10:39 PM

We just finished a survey, and I'd like to mark it inactive to take it off the menu and just link to it from an announcement so people can view the results. But I found that even if it's inactive, people can still submit or edit.

My request: Can an inactive survey be set so that it will not allow a submit (except maybe for admins)?

[EDIT] There is a way around this. Using the URL from the view button works just fine.

Edited 11/11/13 10:58 PM
Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 2:08 PM - Response #1

I was able to post a link to the survey results of the inactive survey and I was able to review results and was NOT able to change answers.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 2:29 PM - Response #2

Agreed. As I briefly explained in the edit, I was able to use the effective URL of the View Results button to accomplish what I was after. There may be a better way, but I had to look at the elements of the survey page to get that URL, and then modify what I found so I could use it. That's probably not something many admins would be comfortable doing.

In short, there is a 'get-around' to accomplish the desired result, but it would make more sense to simply disable the 'Submit' button (except for admin testing) if a survey is inactive.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.