ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Updates in "What's New"

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/28/16 09:25 AM Views: 1014 Replies: 7
Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 9:25 AM

I have added new content over the past few days and it has not been noted in "What's New" like it used to do. Thoughts?
Thanks - Pete

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 2:31 PM - Response #1

What pages were updated?

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 12:40 PM - Response #2
UpdatedPages.jpg

Over the last two days, I've updated two pages and created a new page. What's New shows the two updates as "New page added" (see attached), and the new page (Senior Coffee Mugs) has never shown up.

{Edit} I thought this sounded familiar. [LINK]

Edited 07/06/16 1:01 PM
Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 5:46 PM - Response #3

I have tried this in the past:

" Clicking on links on this page will open the linked item in a new tab or window. Close that tab or window to return to this "What's New?" page."

Never has worked.
Crying or Very sad

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 8:28 PM - Response #4

Steve, it depends on the link. A link to a page that's been added or updated does exactly what you quoted, opening that page in a new window or tab.
But a link to a profile - like a message, comment, birthday, etc, simply goes to that profile. You can return to What's New by using the browser's Back button though.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 3:22 PM - Response #5
NotThere.jpg

John Ralph wrote:

Over the last two days, I've updated two pages and created a new page. What's New shows the two updates as "New page added" (see attached), and the new page (Senior Coffee Mugs) has never shown up.

I dawned on me yesterday that I did not get a notify for the new page in either my personal email or for my test member - even though I'd checked the "Notify xxx Classmates" box when I created and saved it. And since it still hadn't appeared in What's New, last night I made a small change to the page, and saved it with the Notify everyone box checked. I expected to get a notify and expected it to show up in What's New as a "new page added" even though it was an update. Wrong. My test member and I did get the notifies, but it still hasn't appeared in What's New.

Edited 07/07/16 3:26 PM
Monday, July 18, 2016 at 2:44 PM - Response #6

Two Existing pages updated last night show up in What's New as "New page has been added to the site".
The notify received shows "Page Updates" in the subject line and the content says "Pages on the site have been added or updated" - which is what I think What's New should also show.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 4:47 PM - Response #7

Forwarding to the programmer.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.