ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adobe Photoshop for Custom Designs

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/01/13 02:10 PM Views: 1144 Replies: 13
Friday, February 1, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Is there any ClassCreator document provided for step by step what to do in Adobe Photoshop to use the Custom Designs for website.

I have used Adobe a few times, but mostly got the task done after experimental clicking in great amounts! In other words, I really don't know what to do.

It would really be helpful to have some kind of step by step document, or perhaps a video that I could play over and over until I get it. Maybe both!!!

Edited 02/01/13 2:12 PM
Friday, February 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM - Response #1

I plan on making some videos soon. But it might be another week or so. (No promises on timeline as we are swamped Smile

Friday, February 1, 2013 at 4:16 PM - Response #2

Adobe has extensive videos HERE

The trick will be which one to watchWink

Friday, February 1, 2013 at 4:29 PM - Response #3

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

I plan on making some videos soon. But it might be another week or so. (No promises on timeline as we are swamped Smile

Thank you Scott. Understand busy, so when you can will be great. I did find one that essentially Demonstrated, but too fast on Selecting left side Tool to ascertain how doing the job. Keep that in mind when you do the video............slooooowwlly select the tool so I can write it down. Laughing

Friday, February 1, 2013 at 8:33 PM - Response #4

Scott,

Any chance you could also make a video using the free Serif Photo Plus Starter for those of us who don't have Adobe Photoshop?

Thanks.

Friday, February 1, 2013 at 8:35 PM - Response #5

Yep that'll be included.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 10:48 AM - Response #6

Here's a "second" to that. It'll be a great help to me since the photos I'm using for the wall calendar are from the yrbk photos on the website (which are grainy, 50 years old, and black & white).
Barbara

Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM - Response #7

Barbara* Ecker wrote:

Here's a "second" to that. It'll be a great help to me since the photos I'm using for the wall calendar are from the yrbk photos on the website (which are grainy, 50 years old, and black & white).
Barbara

Barbara, thought you might want to know, but one of your announcements has 'blown out' your website. All your announcements are now way, way down to the bottom.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 5:12 PM - Response #8

Thanks. It must be the new photo I put on there. It's just too big. I have to make the width and length smaller. I used to have to ask Kyle to help me every time that happened, but now I'm used to it.
Thanks, again.
Barba ra

Monday, February 4, 2013 at 3:18 PM - Response #9

I am still playing around with Adobe Photoshop, and finally found Layers. With the Custom designs, is there a suggested pixel size of photo to start with? I guess mine are too large, and I keep getting 'squishes' and wrinkled looks when trying to get the photo in to the correct Layer section.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM - Response #10

Please bear with us as we've been under unusually heavy load of customer comments. We'll get back to you with this information soon.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 12:50 PM - Response #11

Eric B Bassey wrote:

Please bear with us as we've been under unusually heavy load of customer comments. We'll get back to you with this information soon.

I understand Eric...........no rush.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 7:13 PM - Response #12

Derrell, your best bet is to drag the photo into its own separate layer. The size doesn't really matter as long as the photo is larger than you desire (you don't want to size up small photos or they will become blurry). Once you have the photo that is too large on its own layer, click the Edit Menu and then select Free Transform. Then hold down your shift key. This is very important. If you don't hold shift you'll stretch your photo out of proportion and cause the wrinkles you described. With the shift key held down click one of the resizing handles and drag toward the center to resize your photo. When done press any object on the Photoshop tools palette (this will take you out of free transform mode). Now make sure the pointer tool is selected and move your image anywhere you'd like. The free transform tool is quite handy for resizing, skewing, rotating, etc. all within one tool.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 7:51 PM - Response #13

Great! Thanks Brad. Though I do comparatively quite a lot with computers, graphics is not some place I have been to very much. I was totally missing the needed Shift key to drag.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.