New Topic Subscription Options  

Reunion count # on profile page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/19/10 11:21 AM Views: 1823 Replies: 9
Friday, February 19, 2010 at 11:21 AM

We added a question in profiles

"Guest also Attending Reunion"
_ YES _ NO

How do we get the "YES" to tally in the "Attending reunion count" on the "profiles" page?

Leo

Friday, February 19, 2010 at 12:01 PM - Response #1

You can't. At least not right now anyway. Showing the Guest Count attending is a good idea though. We wouldn't be able to do it from a custom-created question like that though. We'd have to get the tally from the actual Guest dropdown list (i.e. the part of the system where the registrant selects the # of guests attending, that exact number of Guest slots appears, and their names are added). Sine this part of the system is standard we could pretty easily pick up the # of guests attending there. And then we could use that variable to display the number of Guests attending on the Classmate Profiles page key.

Maybe right under the Attending Reunion link in the key we could put in "Guests Attending Reunion: X" We could then link "Guests Attending Reunion" to a list of Reunion Attendees with a sub indented list of Guest Names accompanying each attendee.

I'll pop this on Craig's Task List and see if he can work something up here.

Friday, February 19, 2010 at 12:02 PM - Response #2

This is not possible. The ATTENDING REUNION is tied to the Reunion Planner. The profile question you added is not.

To get the number of guests, you need to go to Reunion Planner and run one of the reunion reports. There is no way to display this number without going to the Reunion Planner.

Friday, February 19, 2010 at 12:30 PM - Response #3

Thanks for the prompt reply.

If you get something set up in the future let me know. For now, we can occasionally do a hand count of guests attending by running through the profiles.

Leo

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 12:10 PM - Response #4

Hi, Leo --

Actually, you can get a total, using the new Download Classmate Profile Reports to download the data from custom questions. It's not automatic, but you can do it.

Under Manage Classmates, select DOWNLOAD CLASSMATE PROFILES. In the Custom Profile Questions Report, check just the field that you added -- in your case "Guest also Attending Reunion"

Download it as an Excel file, and use the appropriate spreadsheet formula ( i.e. SUM or COUNTIF ) to total them up.

For the Custom Profile Questions for my highschool, rather than putting in a "Guests: Yes/No" field, I have the classmates put in a number ( 1, or 2, or 3 ... or more) as some classmates are bringing family members in addition to a spouse.

There are also classmates who have marked that they are coming to the Reunion, but who did make an entry into this field. For these, you could manually change their entries to a "1" (in my case) or a "NO" in your case, indicating that they are not bringing a guest. Or, in Excel, you can just total up the "Yes" entries, and add them to the number of classmates who say they are coming to the reunion. In Excel, something like: IF(B5="Yes",1,0) will give you a column you can sum to just yield the number of extra guests.

As to putting this number on the Class Members page -- it would be easier to put it on the Home page, I think. If you want to play a bit and have the number be visible on the Class Members page, you can create a new class member whose last name is
"- people coming to the Reunion "
with a hyphen as the starting character, and whose first name is "154" or the number you've got there. The hyphen will place this imaginary classmate right up there at the top of the list, and you can change the first name as your number changes.

But I think more noticeable to just put the number on the home page, in some prominent spot.

You get the idea. Have fun there !

-- Fred

Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 11:18 AM - Response #5

Is there a report or a way we can down a list of people who indicated yes/no they plan on attending the reunion. My site is an all class reunion covering 40 years. I can see 167 said yes, I can do a cut/paste of those names, but I don't from which year. The custom report has to be download by year--takes too long. Can you send me a report of all the yes/no responses?

Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 11:35 AM - Response #6

Go to Manage Classmates > Download Classlist - the Attending Reunion question is part of that default class list download

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 11:18 AM - Response #7

Kyle Erickson wrote:

The ATTENDING REUNION is tied to the Reunion Planner. The profile question you added is not.

Is the ATTENDING REUNION count a defined variable (like $school$ or $year$) that we could use in Announcements, class emails, and such? It would be great to be able to put that count on the home page.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 12:04 PM - Response #8

Ben, It is not. However as we further the development of the Event Planner and the Attendees information, this is something that we can consider to be included for the homepage.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 1:10 PM - Response #9

Home Page would be OK, but a defined variable would be even better—that way we could use the number any way we like.

I don’t see this as an Event Planner versus [deprecated] Reunion Planner thing, btw, because it is not really specific to reunion attendance. Every category count atop the Classmate Profiles page ought to be accessible as a defined variable IMO.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.