ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Pondering Facebook Question

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/04/09 03:26 PM Views: 2330 Replies: 14
Tuesday, August 4, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Why doesn't ClassCreator have a facebook page?????
Inquiring minds want to know (or at least facebook addicted minds like mine do).

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 at 5:14 PM - Response #1

Because Class Creator is spending too much time working on Class Creator. Smile

This may sound like a dumb question, but what do you recommend we do with a Facebook page?

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 2:01 AM - Response #2

I dunno....I just ask the questions. I don't think that far enough ahead. You could do your website updates.....ummmmmm......tips......apparently you can do discussions....I was peeking at the reunion magazines fb page.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 10:54 AM - Response #3

At some point we might link our Reunion Planner up to Facebook. And possibly other social networks as well. There may be a way to pull Classmate info from a certain class year, possibly share photos, etc. Haven't had the time to even find out what's possible yet, but I know Facebook makes it very easy for systems like ours to interact with systems like theirs. The easiser we can make it for people to plan reunions, communite, etc. with entering as little redundant info as possible, the better.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 11:00 AM - Response #4

Well when/if it happens.....I wish I could say I won't join but well as I said I'm a fb addict so I'll be one of the first there..lol

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 at 2:19 PM - Response #5

A Facebook Fan page for Class Creator could/should be started. Fan pages for companies and organizations are becoming very popular on Facebook.

It would be a public place for all of us admins (and maybe classmates) who think Class Creator is wonderful, to talk about and brag what a great site we have to work with.

It could help expose Class Creator to a larger/different audience.

Brad, think of a fan page as a PR tool that you don't even have to maintain (unless you want to add a comment from the CC gurus once in a while). It's kind of a static page where once you put the information about the company in... the fans take over and create the ongoing dialog.

We could even post and talk about the new features when they come out to expose more people (both admins and the 'outsiders') to them.

Brad... I'd be more than happy to help create a Class Creator fan page on Facebook with your permission. Cool

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 at 2:29 PM - Response #6

Yeah what Ken said.....lol

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 at 5:23 PM - Response #7

There's one there already called "Fans of Brad" -- and no, I didn't name it!

This may be another dumb question but.....isn't it true that only CC Administrators would be joining the Facebook area? And if so, isn't that what these forums right here are already for?

We're big fans of Facebook and in fact have plans to integrate some of our system with theirs, which we'll be working on this year. I'm just wondering specifically what the benefit is over the forums we've already got everybody using right here? Uneless there's something I'm missing, it seems to me that guiding people to 2 different places to discuss features, etc. only convaludes things? If I'm wrong you tell me.

Thursday, August 13, 2009 at 2:02 PM - Response #8

I would also like a facebook application for classcreator. Example... I have a wedding webpage. Every time I update the wedding webpage, I have the option to send out an announcment via facebook that my wedding webpage has been updated. We have created a facebook page for our reunion, but it would be awesome to have it linked to our Reunion website. So... if I went in and put a new announcemnet on the reunion website, it would also show on my facebook wall as well. Does this make sense?

Thursday, August 13, 2009 at 2:24 PM - Response #9

Yes. We'll be taking a really good look at the Facebook API later this year, and making any ties that make sense.

Thursday, August 13, 2009 at 5:59 PM - Response #10

Brad Switzer wrote:

There's one there already called "Fans of Brad" -- and no, I didn't name it!

I could not find this site. I did find a lot of sites (21) for Brad Switzer.

Brad Switzer wrote:

This may be another dumb question but.....isn't it true that only CC Administrators would be joining the Facebook area? And if so, isn't that what these forums right here are already for?

No, I see any of our users as being fans also. When I post on the fan page, it also shows on my page and all of my friends see it also. This helps to spread the word about Class Creator. This is an open discussion not like this threaded forum. It more of a rah rah site where we can share with our friends to benefits of CC.

Brad Switzer wrote:

We're big fans of Facebook and in fact have plans to integrate some of our system with theirs, which we'll be working on this year. I'm just wondering specifically what the benefit is over the forums we've already got everybody using right here? Uneless there's something I'm missing, it seems to me that guiding people to 2 different places to discuss features, etc. only convaludes things? If I'm wrong you tell me.

Facebook would not be a place to discuss like we do here. It could be a place to mention CC with the hope that it will expose more of our friends to it.

OK... I'm not doing a good job of explaining this.

I better not start talking about Twitter, and how that would benefit CC, yet. Laughing Laughing Wink

Thursday, August 13, 2009 at 6:02 PM - Response #11

Brad Switzer wrote:

Yes. We'll be taking a really good look at the Facebook API later this year, and making any ties that make sense.

Connecting a classmates profile with their Facebook page makes a lot of sense.

Monday, August 17, 2009 at 4:53 PM - Response #12

One of the MOST successful marketing tools today is FB. Once folks mention it, their 300 friends want to look.... They like it and THEIR 300 friends look.....
Can you say TRAFFIC?
http://www.insidecrm.com/features/facebook-marketing-toolbox-012308/
http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/17/smbusiness/Facebook_marketing.fsb/index.htm
http://contentwriterseo.com/2009/07/facebook-launches-best-marketing-tool-ever/

Monday, August 17, 2009 at 5:51 PM - Response #13

Thanks for the links. We're going to dedicate somebody starting in September to creating some Facebook ties we think will be helpful.

Thursday, November 11, 2010 at 12:06 PM - Response #14

Almost at 1,400 members, Brad.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.